Hourly_Forcast.txt Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hourly_Forcast.txt Discussion

Have any qestion/problems/request/ideas for the hourly_forcast.txt script? - Post it here

Installed and ran like a treat!!

Nice example of some clean coding and nice installation scripting.

Might be a nice one for Rich to include with the updates!

Cheers!

Comment

Hello, Ran the script and received a line error
      on invalid proceedure ofr call 'mid'

line 15

i=inStr(page,"Hourly Forecast"): page=mid(page,i)

Any one seem the same ? ?

Richard G
      HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Comment

Did the program prompt you for you zip code? If so go to you HS directory/config ans check your settings.ini file and make sure the zipcode was set correctly.

-Rupp
        ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp,

At one point I received a inputbox permissions error.

I will review the /config setting .ini

Are most scripts using the config. environment , how can you identify these scripts ?

Thanks in advance. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard G

Comment

This is really great script. It works even for Helsinki (in Finland) after I changed the path. Now I am wodering how to change to metric units (temps in degrees).

Comment

A couple of suggestions. First off to stick with convention why not put the hourly information in the status field along witht the icon. Second to stick with convention have the name reserved for a name say Hourly Info. In the GUI view I see names for all of my devices except for this one and I see </a>1 PM <i>87 ... The type should be a virtual not Hourly forcast <br> for ....
              I like the script but would rather have all the info in the status field as is the norm for scripts. Also it would be nice to let the user know what device you are going to create prior to creating it in case they have already used that device code. Why not pop up an additional box asking for the House and unit codes during installation.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp, thank for the input;
                the idea was to create something new. This is why I said in my post "...I create this script with a new (I hope) approach.."
                I don't like the heavy left side of the table of devices; I want it all look symmetrical (I even added the screen capture image to show how it looks)
                You are right about the HS window apps, but most of the kick-*** looks can only be visible with the web browser... so I didn't care much for the window apps.
                The status column give you the current weather status-icon
                The type, can be Virtual, but I have no nice place to put the complete header that includes your city name. Because every thing else takes 2 lines, I found it the best place for this extra info.
                As for the hc:dc, I didn't want to make it hard to install, so I select one for you. But I added in the source code a big note about it.
                (Lets see if other choose this w39 and complain... I can add it to the install)

Comment

Question, on the install....

at one point I received a inputbox permissions error...

70ermission denied :input box in line 5

and script errors out.
                  I do not see how this is supported, script just says run.

"zip = hs.GetINISetting("location","zip","")"

It appears not to process.
                  Do I need to edit the .ini file for my location...the value is not there ?

I did not see any directions.

Thanks

[This message was edited by Richard G on Monday, 19 August 2002 at 05:55 PM.]

Comment

If you have some problem with the ini; try this:
                    replace this area of the code<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> zip = hs.GetINISetting("location","zip","")
                    if zip = "" then
                    zip = inputbox("Please enter your zip code:")
                    hs.SaveINISetting "location","zip",zip
                    end if
                    </pre>
                    with the simple line<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> zip=90210</pre>
                    Of course, I want you to put your zip code and not the '90210' (or maybe you are from Bev.Hills [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] )

as for "...I did not see any directions..." it is because I thought it will self install and you will never need any.
                    I created it to work with the new 1.6, but after the modification I am showing you here, it should work just fine with any 1.5
                    Try it...

Comment

shprung,

Very well executed! I don't mind the way it looks in HS. At first I thought I had a problem with the install, but after looking at your post image, I understood. I am willing to go for this for now because it appeals to me.

Except for one problem...
                      I am using Weatherman, and it posts weather maps in my left (Status) column. Therefore my Name column is very small and the weather data is forced to span several rows. So, you see, what works for you may not work for all of us.

But I really like the creative approach you took. It is worthy of your efforts, and you demonstrated a unique way of presenting data. You were thinking outside-the-box! I like that!
                      Now, since the status page is a table, have you concidered creating another table within? (It might not be possible, but I thought I'd ask.)

-System Spec------
                      ASUS A7V333ARU VIA KT333 MOTHERBOARD; AMD ATHLON XP PROCESSOR 2200+ (1800MHz); 1024MB DDR 333MHz DDRAM; ATI RAGE 128 CHIPSET 32MB W/ TV OUT VGA CARD; AHANIX PLATINUM XP SILVER/BLACK COLOR 9 DRIVE BAYS SPI 300W POWER SUPPLY TOOL-LESS PANELS ATX MID TOWER CASE; Win2K SP2 5Serial 1Parallel, Hawking Modem, Broadband &gt;Mediacomm, Phillips Audio, ATT Voices, PhoneSwitch, 10/100 Ethernet, Ocelot for IR and Bobcats, CM11A for X10
                      -------------
                      GenevaDude

Comment

I tried the .ini setting change and now I get error,

Script error in file ..... 13: Type mismatch:'[string: "/weather/hourbyhour/"]'in line 13

line #13 is

page=hs.GetURL("www.weather.com","/weather/hourbyhour/"+zip,false,80)

I went to web site and it has a url

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/06830

just not getting to it in the script .. I guess?

Richard G. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

change the zip=06830 to zip="06830"
                          I hope that will make VB think about it as a string.
                          if this not works, change this
                          "/weather/hourbyhour/"+zip
                          part to (2 options)
                          1: "/weather/hourbyhour/06830"
                          2: "/weather/hourbyhour/"+cStr(zip)

GenevaDude, thanks for the nice words.
                          I will create a nother ver; where all the stuff is in the left side...

Comment

I guess I want this great script to work.

getting errors;

invalid proceedure or call line 15 in mid

inGetURL: Index is out of bounds

Thanks again....

Comment

Name tag is breaking Ultra View. Anyone else?

-Rupp

Comment

Working...
                              X