CNN News alert to Audrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNN News alert to Audrey

I've installed this script which works fine from HS. But on audrey all that displays is a bunch of text "script error" Invalid procedure call or argument 'Mid' and other stuff. Anyone else run into this? I've looked at the .asp file, but can't see anything amiss. HS log looks fine with debug on. Could it be my running the InifinityUltimate image is the problem?

[This message was edited by Alconnell on Friday, 21 February 2003 at 11:52 AM.]
    UPDATE
    Tried this on another Audrey with the MCSHA image on it - got the same results. It works fine on Front Page Express. I wonder what's up?

[This message was edited by Alconnell on Friday, 21 February 2003 at 07:22 PM.]

Alconnell,

Does the audrey_CNNAlert.asp page display if you browse to it from the Audrey? I'd like to determine if it's something wrong with the browser rendering the page or the script pushing the page to the Audrey.

Could you send me your CNNSettings.ini so could see if something is amiss there?

Paul

Comment

But I did get it to display by removing this part of the script:
      If bPlaySound Then
      announceschedule = hs.GetINISetting(strSettingsSection,"announceschedule","",st rIniFileName)
      dbg "[variable:announceschedule] " & announceschedule
      If announceschedule <> "" Then
      If Replace(FormatDateTime(time, 4), ":", "") > Replace(Mid(announceschedule,1,Instr(1, announceschedule, "-", 1) - 1), ":", "") AND Replace(FormatDateTime(time, 4), ":", "") < Replace(Mid(announceschedule,Instr(1, announceschedule, "-", 1) + 1), ":", "") Then
      ' Ok to play sound file
      Else
      bPlaySound = False
      dbg "[variable:bPlaySound] forced False by announceschedule"
      End If
      End If
      End If
      Seems to work fine without it - we'll see when we get an alert.
      I've attached my ini file as well. Thank you Paul for responding.
      Attached Files

Comment

Alconnell,

I found the bug in the asp and posted the update. The only real change is to the asp in the zip but I updated the script to maintain the version number of the package.

Paul

Comment

Just installed it and it works great! Thanks for the quick help. I'm such a newbie at this asp stuff, I'd never have figured it out.

Comment

I must be too tired from moving, but I can't remember how to set this up. When you run the ini script it asks for the URL to the Audrey Alert Page. Is that just the location of the .asp?

Comment

Does it automatically send data to the Audry or do you have to browse to it from the Audry? If its pushed does it required "hacks" to the Audry?

-Rupp

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Alconnell,

Yes, it's looking for the URL as if you were browsing from the Audrey ie: 192.168.1.100/CNNAlert/Audrey_CNNAlert.asp.

Rupp,

It requires the Audrey push page hack.

Paul

Comment

I'm getting it working. Now to get the rest of the house in order.

Rupp, this is high on my WAF for all my toys. She absolutely loves hearing the breaking news on Audrey.

Comment

Working...
                  X