Ultra View2 won't refresh devices on load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra View2 won't refresh devices on load

When I load the page the first floor image shows but the devices don't show until I hit refresh. On load I get error

Line:19
    Char:13
    Error: Expected end of statement
    Code: 0

Now, I have added 2 floors views and I'm certain thats the problem but after I hit refresh, from that point on, everything works perfectly. I feel I'm pretty close if someone can tell me where to look. I had this working with an older version of Ultraview but can't quite get it to work with the new version.

Thanks, Bill

This looks like a javascript error. Do you have any javascript in the beginning of your file?

-Rupp

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, thanks for the help. I assume the "file" you're tlaking about is the Ultra_view2.asp itself and the only java I see going on in there is the ultra_view2_generic_drag.js. I didn't change anything like that. I just added the reference to the floors where ever it was needed in the .asp and the ultra_view2.txt. I also modified the config.htm which produces the config file.

Bill

[This message was edited by NJ Bill T on Wed, 10 December 2003 at 05:27 PM.]

Comment

Post a link and let us see if we can detect anything. Have you tried backing out the changes to the floor plans and see if the error clears?

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp, here's a link. As for backing out the changes, well, I made more than one at a time so if I have to do that I'll just start from scratch but this time I'll make a log. I am not good at script writing but like I said I did have this working with an older version. I don't have all the devices places yet and I am redoing the floor plans, but it should be okay for testing. Thanks again, Bill

[URL[/URL]

[This message was edited by NJ Bill T on Thu, 11 December 2003 at 08:45 PM.]

Comment

It appears to be erroring in the
            sub Initialize() in the Ultra_View2.txt file. I can't really see a problem though. It looks like it wants the floors to be named Firstfloor, Secondfloor, Thirdfloor, etc? Maybe shoot ultra Jones an email and see if he can suggest a fix.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp, I took your advice about backing out the changes by starting with the original .asp. I was surprised it worked with the modified ultra_view2.txt but it did, so I knew the problem was in the asp. One thing I discovered was if I opened the .asp file in my web editor and saved it, even without making any changes, the timer wouldn't initialize on page load and no auto refresh. I made the few changes to the floor references in the .asp in a text editor and saved it. It looks letter for letter like the one I saved out of the web editor but it works. I took the link out until I get the pages reworked, but I think I got it, all 5 views. Thanks for your help.

Bill

Comment

Working...
              X