Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies Script Problem

Hello,
    I'm trying to make the movies/theatre listings script work, and I'm afraid I'm getting nowhere. After following the docs, all I get on my http://localhost/movies.asp page is:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
    HomeSeer internal error
    File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/style.asp HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
    HomeSeer internal error
    File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/header.asp
    Script error: Variable is undefined: 'CustomHeader' Response.Send CustomHeader("Movies")
    </pre>
    What have I forgotten?

==FS==

It looks like your not calling the asp page in a bowser using a URL. Try calling the movings asp like http://yourIPaddress/webpage.asp

-Rupp

{{{{{{{{{{ Remember the reason for the season }}}}}}}}}}
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

..but I am. I cut and paste that text off of the browser, after I entered http://192.168.0.100/movies.asp.

==FS==

Comment

I think homeseer webserver can't find the includes. Do you have them installed from the updater?

Hope this helps
        Tom
        Digi-house.com

Comment

I agree with Tom that this is the likely problem. Let us know if that is the case since it was submitted the updater as having a dependency on the Includes and the Includes should have been automatically selected for download.

Comment

Uhhhhhhh.....not sure. I did download it from the updater, I made the required changes in the INI file, then ran the install script, and finally the Update Movies script. I don' know nuthin' 'bout includin' no includes...

==FS==

Comment

...and there is a package called "Include Scripts" by Jeff Farmer, which it says is not installed. Is this the one?

==FS==

Comment

yes that is the one

Comment

The includes done did their including, and the .asp pages have the familiar HomeSeer headings. They are, however, devoid of any cinematic data.

The only change I made was to the mcsMovies.ini, just adding zip codes:
                  <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">;List of zip codes and number of theaters to download from each
                  85308=1
                  85023=1
                  85027=1
                  85051=1
                  85382=1
                  85283=1 </pre>

I then re-ran the Install Movies event, and then the Update Movies event, which I understand I am supposed to do after any change to the ini files.

Stupid question: I don't need Access for this, do I? Cuz I don't have it. I assume the .mdb files are queried through something like SQL?

Thanks for your help thus far, and take a break, it's Christmas.

==FS==

Comment

You do not need Access, but MDAC 2.5 or later is needed. You likely already have it installed. The most likely problem is that only 1 theatre from each zip code is being downloaded. It is unlikely that the theater you want is the center of the zip code area. Try a number like 10 and then reduce it when you find out how large it needs to be to get the theatre you want. It is like fishing with a big net then throwing back what you dont want.

Comment

"The center of the zip code area...."
                      Hmmm...analyzing....

I'm assuming that the script queries the theater database and pulls the first n entries from the desired zip code(s) (n being the number supplied in the ini file). Correct me if I'm wrong...you see, I got those zip codes from the theater listings in Yahoo, for the specific theaters I'm interested in. So there is at least one theater in each of those zip codes. I guess I need to know what you mean by the "center of the zip code area." The theater has to be near the geographic center of that zip code? Surely not...

In any case, I increased it to 5, then 10, with no effect.

Perhaps I'm missing a file, or do not have them placed properly...? I will go back and take inventory and post it in a subsequent message.

==FS==

Comment

See attached update log.

==FS==
                        Attached Files

Comment

Likely not a problem with missing files. If the only thing you changed in the ini was the zip code, then how is suppose to know which theatre to get? After you do change the ini file do you run the install script from an event? If you still have problems you can post your ini file.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If the only thing you changed in the ini was the zip code, then how is suppose to know which theatre to get? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, perhaps you can tell me. I don't know how to tell it which theatre to get, I just assumed it got n theaters from the given zip code, and populated the asp pages. I haven't even got to the VR command part yet, but perhaps you will explain to me that [THEATRES] section...how am I supposed to know the code number of the theater I want in that list? The TheatreIDs.txt listing does not seem to be organized in a logical manner. My area is divided up between Harkins and AMC. Harkins is local but there are hundreds of AMCs around the country. Do I simply have to search the TheaterIDs.txt file and find my theaters? I'm not sure of the names of all of them. I was hoping to populate that Theaters.asp page first, then pick and choose the ones I wanted to create voice commands for.

Further, quite a few of the theatres in my area are not listed. Does that mean I'm out of luck?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>After you do change the ini file do you run the install script from an event? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every time, like clockwork.

If I can't get it running by tomorrow I will send you my ini files.

Thanks again for taking the time!

==FS==

Comment

I'm sure I'm just not reading the doc right or something...but if you have the time please look this over and see if I've done anything wrong.

Thanks,

==FS==
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X