Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion for PostIP (Post your IP address to an FTP site)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion for PostIP (Post your IP address to an FTP site)

Discussion for PostIP

If you have any problems let me know.

---rah!

I currently use DNS2Go to do the redirection of my dialup connection.

Looking at your script got me thinking.....

In my Homeseer "links" file, I have code that links to my HS site at my dialup location. The code actually points to html code on the remote machine. (e.g. www.mydns2go.com:80/my_code.html)
    I have a number of these links that I use regularly. Is there a way to concatenate the IP address picked from the ISP site, together with the specific code I want (e.g. "my_code.html")?

This would eliminate my need for DNS2Go account.

Comment

I guess I am confused. I do not know what exactly you want to do. (maybe its Friday and I had a long day). can you give an example?

---rah!

Comment

I figured out what I wanted to do. I can essentially replace the DNS2GO service with a revised version of the code here. It allows me to add (&) to the code to specifically run some html code that is at the IP address/port #.

Comment

Is there a way I can integrate this to PCAnywhere? Right now, PCAnywhere is coded to use my DNS2GO site to locate the HS PC.....and I know that I can manually go to the website to pickup the actual IP address....but is there a way to code the link in PCAnywhere to retrieve the posted IP address on my website so that it is automatically redirected?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JeffCharger:
            Is there a way I can integrate this to PCAnywhere? Right now, PCAnywhere is coded to use my DNS2GO site to locate the HS PC.....and I know that I can manually go to the website to pickup the actual IP address....but is there a way to code the link in PCAnywhere to retrieve the posted IP address on my website so that it is automatically redirected?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think there would be a way without writing a script to grab the address from the site and somehow put it into PCAnyware.

---rah!

Comment

Working...
            X