Master.js

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master.js

I've noticed whenever I install a new script that uses a sub folder in the html directory I have to also move a copy of Master.js into that folder to eliminate an error appearing in HS' log. Is there a way?

Thanks

Dennis
    Not too old to learn

??

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp,

Sample HS log entry:

1/23/2004 10:17:05 PM~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html/shoppinglist/master.js

Obviously, when I put a copy of Master.js in the Shoppinglist folder the error goes away.

My question... is this the result of how the author did the orginal script and putting a copy of the Master.js file in the subfolder is what has to be done. It doesn't seem reasonable since this is a common file.

Thanks

Dennis
      Not too old to learn

Comment

I don't have a Master.js file anywhere. My guess is you're including something in all your pages that requires it, so you are the only one that is seeing the error.

Steve

Comment

I think master.js is part of StePhan's Updater Script. If that's the case, then you need to edit meta.htm:

<SCRIPT language="javascript" SRC="/master.js"> </SCRIPT>

Add the bolded "/". Then you'll only need one copy of master.js in the homeseer html folder.

Paul

Comment

Paul,
            That did the trick. Appreciate!

Dennis
            Not too old to learn

Comment

Working...
            X