speech through network computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speech through network computer

I have an old computer running nothing but music.
    My main computer runs homeseer. They are on a network.
    When my front door motion detector "M1" sees motion I want it to say "someone is at the front door" through the music computers speakers.
    Is this possible without setting up homeseer on the music computer?

Check out the Message Server Plugin.

It has a program that you would install on the music computer. Set your event to send the message to the music computer and setup Message Server to speak the messages. It will speak on the music computer using any SAPI 5 voice.

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Try Christian's program via the updater. Also, visit his website, that may have even a later version of his program and client. It will do what you want and possibly more!

Bill

HS 1.6.175 HSP 2.0.154
      Pentium 4 2.6 GHz w/ HT
      512 MB Dual Write RAM
      3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
      Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
      ATTNV Crystal 16
      Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I
      mcs Temperature (Works great!)
      HS Webcam (Works great!)

~Bill

Comment

Thank's guys I'll give it a try when I get back from Ottawa.

Comment

Working...
        X