HAI RC-80 script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI RC-80 script

I am running the thermostat script posted here, but with some problems.

This is a new install of the RC-80, and I seem to have trouble with the comm port. For example, to make this script work, I had to comment out the closecomport call, so the code never closes the port. It works every time (except the first time after starting HS...it times out then). If I leave that in, I always get a timeout.

I also have problems using PCstat from HAI to talk to the RC80. If I follow the instructions to set up communication, I get various errors like "unable to communicate" or a runtime error then dump. However, If I do things slightly out of order (get thermostat info first instead of "scanning"), things magically work. In fact, everything works after that.

Anyway, I know this topic has been dead for awhile, but I'm looking for some insight. For now I'm ok, since it works with my hack.

I use this script for my 3 rc -80 thermostats I have in series. When you create your devive use u1 U2 or U3 for House and unit if you have more than 1.
    Remember at each thermostat you have to set thermostat number ie: 1 2 or 3 etc
    Attached Files

Comment

Posted this request a bit ago, unfortunately no replies. Hopefully some new eyes might be able to help - Thanx in advance!

Anyone have a script or a good start of script for controlling the above thermostat? This one is strictly X10 (no serial) and set only (no polling capability). All of the other scripts are much more complicated than this thermostat supports. I guess the easy answer is to buy a new one!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alfonso:
        I use this script for my 3 rc -80 thermostats I have in series. When you create your devive use u1 U2 or U3 for House and unit if you have more than 1.
        Remember at each thermostat you have to set thermostat number ie: 1 2 or 3 etc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So... as I understand it, to use this script, boot up HS and when configuring the tstat in HS, select this script from the scripts folder and all will be happy and fine?

It's very well documented. I thank you for that. Guess I'm just looking for Plug and Play simplicity from an "old school" device. Hasn't HAI ever heard of "Firmware"? What's so hard about burning an EPROM?

Stan

When I die, I'd like to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not affraid and screaming like the other people in the car he was driving.

Comment

Working...
        X