Device State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device State

I see that Homeseer now saves Device state on its own. I have two-way SwitchLincs - is it possible to update the Device_state.txt file whenever I change the lights from off, on, or dimmed along with updating Device_state.txt every minute by Homeseer itself?

I am trying to do this - I have my doorbell wired to a Powerflash Interface. If someone rings the doorbell, it triggers a script to flash selected SwitchLinc lights. After running the script, I want to be able to restore the lights to the previous state before the doorbell rang. Say, B1 was off, B2 and B3 was on... after it runs through the script, all lights are off. I want to run a script to look at the Device_state.txt to return B2 and B3 back on. How do I do this?

Thanks!
    Rick

Why not simply grab the status of the switches at the start of the script and then restore them at the end of the script. Have a look at DeviceStatus in the HS help file.

http://www.homeseer.com/products/hom...viceStatus.htm

-Rupp

If Fedex and UPS were to merge, would they call it FedUP?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rick L.

Following up on Rupp's post a bit - If you can't change the state of the lights at the bottom of the script due to some time requirements, you can store the original state to virtual devices and then when you want to revert back, look at the virtual devices for the last on/off/dim state and go from there.

Hope that helps.

Joe
      HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

Working...
      X