Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Question) & VB Script Writers...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Question) & VB Script Writers...........

Hi WhatEver,

You posted a question in the script library No one can reply in that area, try it you will see what I mean, it's for posting working scripts (Or at least scripts you think work) only. All script discussion takes place here, so, I hope you do not mind but I have taken the liberty of re-posting you question here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Viewer posted 05 Feb, 2004 10:35 AM
    ----------------------------------------------
    Is there anyone out there know if there is a script available that will enable Homeseer MS Agent to take voice reminders (example: "I have a Dentist appointment on June 5th at 4:00 PM"), and then the MS Agent will write that to a file and remind you on that date and time of the Dentist appointment?

Kind of the same way that the program Ultra HAl 2000 dose with peoples phone numbers and appointments.

I Own Ultra HAl and I would really like to have the same features in Homeseer as I do with Ultra Hal. That to me would make Homeseer "Perfect" for all my needs. I figured out how to write a "Keywords" file for Homeseer to look up, but I want to know how to just speak what the keywords are and then have Homeseer write them to a file by itself through VR.

Maybe this could be a good challenge for one of you VB Script "Wizards" if the script dose'nt exist. I would love to see a script that could do the following with a contact list.

USER VOICE: "Homeseer?"
    HOMESEER: "Yes?"
    USER VOICE: "New Contact"
    HOMESEER: "Please say first and last name of contact, or say cancel"
    USER VOICE: "John Doe"
    Homeseer: "Please say Pone Number, or say move on"
    USER VOICE: "(123)555-1212"
    Homeseer: "Please say Cell Phone Number, or say move on"
    USER VOICE: "Move On"
    Homeseer: "Please say Address, or say move on"
    USER VOICE: "12345 Hopeless Lane"
    HOMESEER: "Please say City, or say move on"
    USER VOICE: "Dalas"
    HOMESEER: "Please say State, or say move on"
    USER VOICE: "Texas"
    HOMESEER: "Please say Zip Code, or say move on"
    USER VOICE: "75266"

HOMESEER: "I have writen John Doe,(123)555-1212, 12345 Hopeless Lane, Dalas, Texas, 75266, down to your contact list" "Would you like to add another contact?"
    USER VOICE: "No"
    HOMESEER: "Ok"

************************************************************ *******************************************
    And then another script called maybe "contact_list.txt" that would sound like this:

USER VOICE: "Homeseer?"
    HOMESEER: "Yes?"
    USER VOICE: "Contact List"
    HOMESEER: "Please say first and last name"
    USER VOICE: "John Doe"
    HOMESEER: "John Doe,(123)555-1212, 12345 Hopeless Lane, Dalas, Texas, 75266" "Would you like to search for another contact?"
    USER VOICE: "No"
    HOMESEER: "Ok"

If a script of this sort dose not exist, I would really like to know if it can be done. And if so, I'd like to be able to make it myself but I'm not that good at VB Script. So then I challenge both the makers of Homeseer and all of you VB Script giants out there to make it happen.

Good Luck!

[This message was edited by WhatEver on Thu, 05 February 2004 at 05:44 AM.]

[This message was edited by WhatEver on Thu, 05 February 2004 at 05:45 AM.]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posts: 3 | From: Verner,WV,USA | Registered: Thu, 29 January 2004 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gogs.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
Working...
X