Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Homeseer PC system interrogator discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Homeseer PC system interrogator discussion.

Please posts any comments here.

Please note a few classes may take a long time to display (Win32_Directory for example).

Jon

www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html

[This message was edited by jon00 on Wed, 04 February 2004 at 05:47 PM.]
    Jon

This is great stuff, works like a charm. Just visited your site and the power consumption document is awesome.

Thanks for sharing,

Simon

Comment

Hi Jon00

Long time no speak! Quick question.

Which MS OS is this desinged for? Will it work on all the current MS OS, ie 98 ME etc.?

Gogs.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
      HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
      BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
      BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

Simon,

Thanks for the comments.

There are several software packages out there that retrieve info like this but charge. A bit of scripting interfaced to an ASP and its free!

The electricity monitoring is still being tweaked, but I too am quite pleased with the results.

Gogs,

Yes WMI should work from Win95 upwards but what classes work for each, I am unsure.

The best thing is to try it! If you get a blank page for a class, then it is not supported or the necessary hardware is not installed on your machine.

Maximum infomation is obtained with XP.

Jon

www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html
        Jon

Comment

This article on the MS website describes WMI support on the older operating systems and how to install support

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 322363

heres the link

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;322363

Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X