Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popup Control Discussion

Hi all,

This thread is to discuss the popup controls which you can get from here: popup controls

Cheers
    Al
    Attached Files
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Sparkman, I've got some pages that'll make good use of this code.

Just one idea though, I personally think it would look better for the popup to have a solid white (or another light color so the dim bar doesn't wash away) background (if it's easy to code).

-20 - wow that sounds cold! (then I saw the celsius)

Comment

Hi Ameridan,

To change the background color to white, open popup.asp and change:

response.send "<div id='showimage' style='backgroundposition:absolute;....

to:

response.send "<div id='showimage' style='background-color:#FFFFFF;position:absolute;.....

Hope that helps.

Cheers
      Al

PS -20C is still cold too It was a balmy +15C a few days ago...

Comment

that did it. thanxalot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ameridan,

I noticed that your control is quite a bit larger than mine. You can control the size of the control by
          overwriting popup.js with a new one that I've uploaded in the zip file and by adding the following to your style.css file:

.control
          {
          margin : 1;
          }

By changing the margin value, you can then change the size of the control.

Cheers
          Al

Comment

Hi Sparkman,
            Your script is really great !!

I control my home with a floorplan (see picture).

I think it would be very nice to use your script with a floorplan.
            I suppose we could reach 2 levels of integration :

1/ The first one may be easy : when you clic on an imagemap (a shape defined on the picture with an associated URL, ex 'B1.asp') your pop up windows is displayed, allowing x10 action.
            This solution is fine except that the status is not displayed on the floorplan

2/ A second step I guess very difficult would be a deeper integration of your script with the map to allow the status to be displayed.

If you could provide me a 'B1.asp' script witch would simply open a popup for B1 device you would help me very much. (I tryed but I don't kwnow asp)

Do you have an idea about case 2/ ??
            Attached Files

Comment

This has already been done. It's called UltraView and it's free for the downloading. A search should turn up a ton of reading material.

Here's one example and others have examples as well.

http://12.219.152.208:81/ultra_view2.asp

Login in as guest/guest

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you Rupp, I just installed it and it work fine !

Does anyone heard about a hack/patch for UltraView2 to replace its dimmer by a kind of graphical dimmer. Just like Sparkman did here ??

An other solution would be to integrate Sparkman popup in ultraview...

Comment

Hi HangLooze,

How do you currently display the status of your devices on your image map? Is it one image (jpg/gif) or are there multiple images? If there are multiple images (floor plan, plus one for each device), then it should be relatively easy to integrate my control.

I haven't looked at integrating this control in UltraView, but by briefly looking at the code, it should be doable.

Cheers
                  Al

http://www.sparkman.dns2go.com/

Comment

There is one background picture for the floorplan.
                    Then ultraview2 uses 3 pictures to display the status : on.gif, off.gif and dim.gif
                    These pictures are displayed in the floorplan. (there is a nice graphical tool to initialy positionate every device on the floorplan).

When you clic on a device, the control buttons appears on the top of the screen : on, off, dim with a pulldown menu.
                    If you want to dim, you need 4 clics carefully pointing with the mouse.
                    Your popup menu would be a great enhancement to ultraview : dim in 2 clics, thanks to the popup system the command would appear just near the mouse...

Comment

Hi HangLooze,

I think it would be relatively easy to add the controls to Ultraview, but it would replace it's functionality since the controls use the OnClick event which is what Ultraview uses as well. Instead you might be able to use DblClick to bring up the popup controls without affecting the Ultraview functionality.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

I think that the ideal would be to replace the ultraview standard on-clic function by your program.
                        Ultraview is a great program, your script would add something to make it more ergonomic.

Your idea of the double clic is very interesting, it could handle a quick command (like a simple on/off inversion).

I would be very interested to know the opinion of Ultrajones...

Comment

Al,

Like it, like it a lot...

Works like dream on my system...

Just a thought, would it be possible to use a slider control for the dim & bright controls etc?? (Like maybe a mini scroll bar on its side)

Now that would be neat.

Comment

example sliders here...

http://www.neatsite.com/sliders.htm

Comment

Hi Speedy,

That would be neat. I'll add it to my To Do list, but I likely won't get to it for a while due to other commitments.

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X