Shoppin list Script - UPC page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoppin list Script - UPC page

Have not received my Flic scanner yet. However, I'm having no success adding things to the DB by manually entering the UPC code into the box on the "Batch UPC Update" page. I enter the code, and select the button to update the database but when I go to the DB nothings there. Am I doing something incorrectly?

I have the latest script from Tom's site installed.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dennis
    Not too old to learn

Hi Dennis, The batch page is setup to enter all the upc codes with the add upc button. This stores the codes. Then when done hit the update button to process the upc codes. This will lookup the codes on upcdatabase.com reporting what was found or not found. Is this the procedure your trying?

Tom
    Digi-house

Comment

Tom, Turned out to be my fault. Sorry... There was a small "1" at the end I didn't see and failed to enter. My Appologies.

[This message was edited by dlgardne on Fri, 23 January 2004 at 08:42 PM.]

Comment

the preceding zero should be included. I think there should be one more number on the end of the code also.

Tom
        Digi-house

Comment

Tom,

Is this right? On the Quick list page when I select an item from the left-hand list and put it on the right-hand shopping list then save the list; The item(s) appear under the links bar but the list is blanked. I can't get those items back or print a shopping list with them included without reselecting them .

Another question... Where (how) can I see quantities on-hand entered through the UPC delete (from the shopping list) page or batch UPC updates? The database seems to only display quantities that will be on the shopping list.

My Flic scanner is on the way so I'm trying to understand how the DB and all the pages work together so I'm ready to go once it gets here.

Thanks for your assistance.

Dennis
          Not too old to learn

Comment

Just downloaded and installed the shopping list script from DigiHouse. Two questions:

1. Is there anyway to maintain multiple lists. I usually shop at three different stores and it would be nice to separate out what to buy where.

2. Creating a list. I added the following items to my list: Baking Soda, Grey Poupon, Miracle Whip, Popcorn-Stove top, Soup-Cream of Mushroom, Tomatoes.

I hit save list and it lists them all at the top of the page but in the window for the shopping list it only shows: 1 Tomatoes and 1 Whipping Cream. I didn't even add whipping cream to the list. I did modify the available items after the install from the web interface. I saved it and it reflects my changes.

Thanks,
            Jabran

Comment

Dennis, The items shouldn't appear under the links. I'll fix that. I wrote the edit page before I had added the new fields in the db for the scanner support. I'll also add the new fields to the edit page. That way they can be viewed/edited if a user wants to. The batch page is mainly to add item names to the database. it also adds one to the instock field. People really don't have to worry about that field if they don't want to. The delete qty page can be used to create the shop list with a scanner. It deletes one from the instock field and adds one of the item to the shoplist. I thought later that if people were using this to scan items in and out as they use them. I would write a page to report. What they have instock or need on the shopping list.

Jabran, i don't have support for multiple lists. I have been thinking about it. I even added a table to the db for store names. I thought I might add it a little later. I can see where it could be usefull. I must have a bug left over in the quicklist page if it's not saving all your selections. I'll take a look at it and see if I can fix it.

Tom
              Digi-house

Comment

Thanks Tom .I'll wait for the update. A report of what the db shows is Instock would be helpful. I was going to do an access report to report out the DB but discovered you are using Access97 and I have Office XP. It would have screwed up the DB if I did anything.

I also had Jarbin's problem but didn't want to switch from scanner to list question in the same post.

Thanks for a great script!

Dennis
                Not too old to learn

Comment

There's a new update ready. A bug fix for the quicklist page. It saves the list correctly now. The edit db page makes the instock qantity avaialble now also. You can get it on my sites download page. Let me know if there are any problems.

Tom
                  Digi-house

Comment

Tom,

Received my Flic scanner today. One-at-a-time item updates and deletes work perfectly! I'm have a small problem with batch entries though. The scanner gives me the option of adding one or two characters at the end of each scan as a seperator. I can't seem to find the combination you are using for seperation on batch UPC updates. I'm currently experiencing all the entries as a stream not in 12 character groups.

My choices for 1st and second characters to be appended are: none, Enter, Tab, Left, right, up, and down in each position. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis
                    Not too old to learn

Comment

Dennis, the cuecat uses the enter key after the scan, i think. Thats what I used for testing here. seems it should work for your flic scanner also. The enter key would just submit the form each time the upc is scanned. adding the upc numbers to the db until your ready to process them. If you have any problems or suggestions let me know.

Hope this helps
                      Tom
                      Digi-house

Comment

Tom,

Already tried the obvious including the enter and tab keys.... I'll keep trying and let all know what I discover.

Later...

Dennis
                        Not too old to learn

Comment

All,

After some research the issue appears to be the ability to handle a stream of "batched" data accumulated in the scanner while it was in a stand-a-lone mode.

In all other respects, the Flic Scanner and Tom's script are a killer combination.

Thanks for a great script Tom!

Dennis

Dennis
                          Not too old to learn

Comment

Dennis,
                            Did you get the bluetooth, tethered or batch handling version of Flicscanner?

What was your workaround to handle the batch capability of the flic?

Comment

David,

Tethered/Batch version. Didn't see a need to spend the additional for bluetooth. Form factor is great! its small (4.5x2.5 in), fits well in your hand, and feels comfortable to use.

Tom is working on getting the Batch Update web page to accept "batch" input from the scanner. Once thta's done this will be a killer combo. WAF is already high using tethered scans to build shopping list.

Dennis
                              Not too old to learn

Comment

Working...
                              X