RCS TX15B thermostat logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCS TX15B thermostat logging

I am using HS 1.6.150 with the HomeSeer provided script for the RCS TX15B thermostat. Is there an easy way to log when the furnace is on and off. I want to be able to graph my furnace time on and off by day. It currently doesn't show up simply enough in the HS log. Maybe I just need to create an event triggered off of the Thermostat device? What about logging. I've heard of UltraLogger or something, would that be good for this?

Ultralog only reads what's in the HS log file and dumps that data to yet another database. It's possible to do what you desire using Ultralog but it might be a bit of work.

Here's an older thread that was trying to track the same information and that may help you out.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...876#8662946876

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp, I posted in that thread asking if there were any developments. Did you come up with a solution for yourself?

Comment

I did see a thread at one time that talked about using a simple relay. When the fan kicked on the relay sends and X10 code and when the fan goes off it sends another X10 signal. Take the difference in times and you have run time. Me not being electronically savvy, decided to pass on it. But maybe someday.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?

Comment

I've been out of HA for the past year, but I use Grant's script (probably search for TX15b scripts) it logs how many mins. hvac has been on. I would guess that a small mod to the script would allow for a write of the actual time to a file or the log.

I know there has been other work in this area, but here was the very old version of the standard script (I think)
          http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=9852902976

If you make any progress let me know. Or if I'm way off base because of new development on the script/plug-in.

Good Luck
          Mike

Comment

I too use Grants scripts but find that the time logged is not very accurate. It wouldn't be too hard to write a small script to log, when the unit turns on or off, to a DB if I could ever set down and figure out all those stinking X10 codes the tstat spews.

-Rupp

If Fedex and UPS were to merge, would they call it FedUP?

Comment

I watched my tstat today and if I'm seeing the correct data it sends:

J6(?) J Preset Dim 8
              J15(?) J Preset dim 0

either when it kicks on or off. I'm not home to see. But it does not seem to send anything when it shuts off (or on if the previous is off).

Anyone have a clue as to what it should be sending?

-Rupp

Comment

im using a TR40 stat and it sends data anytime any of the parameters change, so if the actual temp reaches setpoint it sends data that the temp changed as well as that the heat / cool relays are on or off. perhaps what you could do with the TX15 is monitor when the actual temp reaches set temp and assume the burner is now off? or because it is X10 does it not send that data?

I also have a question as to how often a script executes.. id like real time updating of my thermostat info on the HS status page, but right now it appears my script (the RCS TR15 script modded for the TR40) only goes and gets data once every 5 minutes regardless of how often the real data changes. my X10 data for lights etc is instant. the moment I hit a wall keypad or the remote I see the change on my HS status screen, id like the same for my Tstat
                PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

If there was a plugin, I believe we could have triggers etc.

There was one in development but I don't know whatever happened to it.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
                  The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

I was thinking that the thermOstat plugin was supposed to handle the TR40 but I havent yet figured out how to get that plugin to work. there is the plugin and a program called "remotelink" that came with it, all I get is a super slowed down PC when i load that plugin and with No docs i have no idea how to configure it.. maybe someone can help me set it up and then ill play with my TR40 on it. and maybe someone can explain remotelink2 to me?

according to HS tech support there is a TR40 plugin being developed by them but not even available for beta before the end of march.

was hoping to get something going before then

-chris
                    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Mine is still backordered from WorthDist since way before Christmas. I might see it when summer comes, just in time for the plugin. In the meantime I will have spent an extra 500bux on gas probably with no setback control.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Comment

when I first saw the name worthington I somehow thought the place was around my back door since I work in worthington ohio.. I ordered something from them a while back and it took forever to get. i got my TR40 from a place down in florida.. ASI i think is the name of the place.. was listed on RCS website. regardless of the lack of plugins and such it is a very nice stat. only beef i have is purely cosmetic.. the backlight on the display is plain white, i wish it was blue or green or something fun. main trouble was finding a good place to locate the outside temp sensor... finally put it in a clear plastic box with a CPU fan blowing on it and it reads real good. once I figure out how to get values into my HS reliably ill be a happy boy
                        -christopher

Comment

I would think that worthington is big enough to get an order in for something like this. I bet they wait until they get something like 50 thermostats to get a good deal. in the meantime, i sit and wait. ASI huh?

SteveP

Comment

Give Worthington's a call. They are much better to deal with on the phone than they are via email or any other way for that matter. I'm sure they would refund or cancel your order if you want to buy from another source.

-Rupp

Comment

Worthington usually drop ships the thermostats from RCS, so the delay might be at the RCS end. Take Rupp's advice and call Worthington - they'll tell you why it's delayed.

As for getting info into Homeseer quicker, you can set the TR40 to Auto Send Mode. From the Main menu screen, press & hold 2 inner buttons for 3 seconds to get to the Installer Settings menu. Here you can change (and seriously screw up) many settings not previously available to us - Min runtime, min offtime, and many variants of delta T settings for heating and cooling. I.E. you can now set the stat to wait until the temp is 2 degrees lower than the setpoint before calling for heat.

Also, the polling interval for the modified script can be changed - just look at the comments in the polling section at the top of the script.

Comment

Working...
                              X