No announcement yet.

RCS TX15B thermostat logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So that makes it sound like RCS is behind. I have ordered through other places only to find out that they were waiting for a total of 500bux in the order to get their discount or something like that.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

thanks for the pointers... the polling thing had me stumped.. I already had my stat in auto mode.. i had been using it on my linux box in which I had written a little script that ran and put the stat data out to an HTML web page so i could monitor temps etc.. thanks to some other folks on here im getting the hang of scripting.. seems to be no different than coding in VB so far so good. once i figure out how to make my own custom web pages so I can do neat things like floorplans and such ill be really going. I put a couple filterlincs in on my UPS's and they helped my signal trouble but i went ahead and ordered a booster linc.. expensive so I hope it works.. I havent gotten the errors in the modified TR15 to TR40 script like i was told id get.. it runs real good
      -christopher
      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

As it turns out, at almost the same time as we were hitting the list with these notes, Worthdist was emailing me a ship notice. Either they read this list or it's an incredible coincidence.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Comment

It was just a teaser. I had told Worthington to not send any of my other items until the thermostat shipped. I did NOT get my thermostat, I got everything else anyway.

I emailed both Worthington and RCS to see what's up.

SteveP

Comment

Worthington's is horrible at answering emails but has excellent phone support.

-Rupp

If Fedex and UPS were to merge, would they call it FedUP?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

They had it in stock and are shipping it today. Maybe they drop ship from RCS when they are zero bin?

Bill

HS 1.6.186 / HSP 2.0.165 / Pentium 4 2.6 GHz HT / 512 MB Dual Write RAM
              3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads / Way2Call Hi-Phone USB / ATTNV Crystal 16
              Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I / Ocelot Watchdog with Appliance Module on HS computer
              Guardian Angel / mcs Temperature / mcs Performance / DooCPU / HS Webcam / SeerAMP

~Bill

Comment

Maybe this has been covered above, I didn't read them all:

So I don't get excessive logging from my TR15b, I created 16 virtual devices.

My house code is F, so I created virtual devices F1 through F16. On each one of those I put DO NOT LOG THIS DEVICE. Then I only got messages from the script.

Hope this helps somebody eventually.

Bill

HS 1.6.186 / HSP 2.0.165 / Pentium 4 2.6 GHz HT / 512 MB Dual Write RAM
                3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads / Way2Call Hi-Phone USB / ATTNV Crystal 16
                Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I / Ocelot Watchdog with Appliance Module on HS computer
                Guardian Angel / mcs Temperature / mcs Performance / DooCPU / HS Webcam / SeerAMP

~Bill

Comment

I did the same thing, but you actually don't need all 16 devices, there are only about 7 or 8 that get used. I'll update this message when I get home and can see which one's they are.

Bill

Comment

I put in a help request to give us the ability to turn off logging for an entire house code. I'm sure if more users made the same request it might get implemented. Hint. Hint.

-Rupp

Comment

This has worked flawlessly from day one.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...4&m=4146030265

-Rupp

Comment

By the way I see lots of people with orders for the TR-40 Stat from RCS. I got my first one in the middle of January. I had some difficulty with it when changing it over to celsius. First problem was that the schedule couldn't accept temps less than 25 degrees, then the clock didn't run. After contacting RCS and working out the problems they have sent me a replacement. The Tech support was outstanding. Other than the ouragous brokerage fees from UPS (I live in Canada)my problems have been solved. I ordered the RS-485 version and I suspect that since there were some firmware issues this is probably why the delay in shipping from Worthington. I bought mine from them as well.

I too am looking for a plug-in or script that works properly for this oustanding stat.

Comment

I posted this a while ago - I modified the standard script to handle the TR40 and TR16. I didn't put too much work into it since I knew the plugin would be along 'shortly'
                          It doesn't do any of the scheduling, but provides a function call to send a message to the TR40, which sets it's red LED blinking, and activates it's mail icon.
                          Script Message

Comment

Working...
                          X