Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floor plan with realtime motion monitoring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor plan with realtime motion monitoring?

Does such a script exist and if not, would many people find this useful? I think it would be cool to have a floor plan of my house with doors and motion sensors marked on it. When they are triggered they light up on the floor plan.

I've thought of 2 ways to make the floor plans customisable to users' own house. Have a grid (in a HTML table) made up of GIF images. There would be about 40 different images available so users can create a floor plan of their house using these building blocks: Straight lines, corners, doors, stairs, sensor icons, etc.

The other way is to allow users to draw their own floor plans by hand in any paint program and save it out as a GIF or JPEG. Then they would need to key in x/y coordinates (in pixels) of where each motion or door sensor is located. Icons for these will overlay their floor plan image using DHTML layers. I'm not sure which of the two methods will be easiest for users?

I'd probably need some help coding the realtime bridge between Homeseer and the ASP web page, but I can manage the Javascript/DHTML code to convert data to animate the floor plan.

Any thoughts?

It is a good idea. Do a search on the board for UltraView. It has been around for awhile. I believe it is being converted to a plugin as well.

Comment

Ultra View is a little hard to find.

Here is the link:
      http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=6232910293
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Wow, Ultrajones beat me to it by 2 years! :-) That saves me the effort! Thank you. Just one question though. Doesn't the database logging in UltraView duplicate the functionality of UltraLog? Can't UltraView make use of UltraLog?

Thanks! Looking forward to using this...

Comment

I've got ultraview working, it's really good. Only problem is getting it to show a suitable image for my motion sensors and report their true status. Currently it shows them as "unknown". I'm using the Comfort plug-in which reports sensors as 0/1 instead of on/off. Any pointers please?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gaz:
            Doesn't the database logging in UltraView duplicate the functionality of UltraLog? Can't UltraView make use of UltraLog?
            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
            Ultra Suite was my attempt to make my life easier by combining all the Ultra scripts into one package. The logging feature "UltraLog" eventually evolved into a plug-in. The Ultra Log distributed with Ultra Suite is now obsolete. Just don't install that part.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gaz:
              I've got ultraview working, it's really good. Only problem is getting it to show a suitable image for my motion sensors and report their true status. Currently it shows them as "unknown". I'm using the Comfort plug-in which reports sensors as 0/1 instead of on/off. Any pointers please?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is teh Comfort plug-in?

Ultra View attempts to mimic the behavior of the HomeSeer status page by determining the icon based on the device string, then the device status. The major difference is that Ultra View will actually strip HTML from the device string to ensure it doesn't cause the XML to choke. To control my motion sensors, modules, door status, etc, I use a callback script that modifies the device status based on status changes. See the following HomeSeer thread for more details:
              http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=6932940293

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

The Comfort plugin lets Homeseer interface with the Comfort alarm system via a serial interface. All hard wired PIR motion and door contact sensors are displayed in HS.

Thanks for replying and helping me out. Your VB and HS expertise is a few rungs above mine so it will take a while to digest what you've told me. I look forward to breaking, er, modifying your scripts! ;-)

Comment

UltraView2 allows you to have custom icons based on strings or values (or any HS device variable). You need to look at the "SELECT CASE strDeviceType" section of code in the file &lt;HSdir&gt;/html/includes/ultra_view2_xml.inc - there should be some example code for the TX15B thermostat device. Basically you need to code: if the devicestring or devicevalue (whatever one the Comfort plugin uses) is 1, use this icon file, and likewise for 0.

Also, UV2 is not "realtime" - status is polled as the web pages refresh or you refresh them manually.

- Gordon

Did they really change the Star Trek motto under Jean-Luc Picard's command to, "To Baldly Go Where No Man's Hair's Gone Before!" ???

"Don't look under the hat."
                  - Gordon, 2004

[This message was edited by Gordon Cunningham on Mon, 23 February 2004 at 08:28 PM.]
                  |
                  | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                  HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Thanks for your help. I've got it working now. As a little "thank you" to the community I've attached some icons that I've animated for use with UltraView.

Camera: on and off
                    Lock: open and closed (ideal for doors)
                    Motion: PIR active and detection
                    Smoke: Detector working and fire!

I've got UltraView working in near realtime. Well, an update every 5 seconds anyway. ;-) My computer can't process the updates any faster without "refresh in progress" appearing constantly.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X