movies asp page works, but will not retrieve listing via phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movies asp page works, but will not retrieve listing via phone

the asp page works great, but when I say what is playing at "theatername". It says executing what is playing at theatername and returns nothing back to me over the phone. What did I setup wrong, remember the asp page and update movies works fine.

Does the speak option work "locally"?

-Rupp

Hum ... Why is the third hand on a watch called a second hand?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No it does not play out of the soundcard to computer speakers locally, nor does it play back over the phone. You simply request for what is playing at "theatername". The text to speech engine replies, "Executing what is plaing at Venture" and then nothing comes out
      via telelphone or via soundcard.

Comment

Here is some more info, If I execute the event for my theater by running test on the theater showtimes 2.txt script I get the following output..

Homeseer speaks the following output and then stops speaking

"These are the current showtimes at Venture"

then it never list showtimes

the hs log shows the following

These are the current showtimes at Venture UNKNOWN

but the interesting thing is the showtimes are populated in the movies.asp page.

Any idea why it will not speak?

Thanks,

David

Comment

The VR string is in the event which can be viewed from homeseer's GUI. Take a look at this string and see what information was captured as the script was run. You can also put a debug statement in movies.vbs where the VR string is being formed to better understand why it may not be as expected.

Comment

It also does not create virtual devices. Should the install movies script create the virtual devices for each theater?

Comment

It sets devicestatus for each device t1, t2, and t3 to the movie schedule at the theater. However these device status show a lot of crazy characters. NTSB, etc

I noticed that the movies.vbs says version 3.92 while all the other script files in the update say 4.12, could this have something to do with the problem?

Comment

It didn't create any virtual devices for me either. I had to manually created the devices.

-Rupp

Hum ... How much deeper would oceans be if sponges didn't live there?

Comment

cool. Manually creating the devices does populate the devices with the html move status.

Is this script supposed to say via voice over the phone what movies are playing?

like I say, "what movies are playing at Venture"
                  and it comes back and says, "these movies are playing at GTC Theater Venture" and stops. Never giving dialog of the movies playing after that.

Is it supposed to? like I said the movie info is there on the movies.asp page.

Comment

HAve a look at your mcsMovies.ini file. What value do you have for the line:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
                    ; Set to true if VR events should be created that allow voice request for movie info
                    GenerateVREvents=false
                    </pre>

Notice mine is set to false so no VR events are created. Is your set to true?

-Rupp

Hum ... How much deeper would oceans be if sponges didn't live there?

Comment

GenerateVREvents=true

is what I have mine set to.

The events are created, and they do respond to the "what is playing at venture" voice request by my phone. Then it comes back with, "These movies are playing a GTC Theater Venture" and stops and that is it without any movie listings sounded over the phone

Comment

Did anyone find out why the movie names and detail aren't being read back? I'm having the same problem as David...

Comment

I to just installed this script and the webpage work great.

But the I cannot retrieve a listing from the phone. It never finishes the sentence. In the VR scripts it shows the movies populated in what can be said, however it doesn't work.

Has anyone got this feature to work?

Comment

anybody have this workign uyet/

Comment

David,

Take a look at this thread:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=8426086465

Look on the second page. Use the vr file provided by Michael, and this should solve all of your problems. I do not use the phone, however. I use a microphone, so I don't know if it will work on the phone. I know that we had a lot of problems and finally Michael worked them out. The only thing that does not work is when you have a long movie name like Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. For some reason the vr cannot understand it. Otherwise, every other feature works! It's great!

Comment

Working...
                              X