[ASP] Digital Picture Frame code discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASP] Digital Picture Frame code discussion

Holder for recently posted file to script library.

Matt,

This is great! Could you post some Pictures of your frame?

I have been looking for something simila to this but would like to control 2 dispalys. I have 2 regular picture frames at the end of my hallway and would like to install laptop monitors in them. Then I was looking for a program that would pull images at random to display on both of them different images.

Also, What I would like is to have homeseer automatically switch directories that the pictures are pulled from. So by pressing a button, I could display pictures from a recent trip, pressing another button on a keypad would bring up family photos etc.

I will be anxious to see how your pages work.
    Thanks for your hard work

Bernie

Comment

Not working here: -

I put slides.asp in a "/pics" folder under html in homeseer.

and i get Script error: set fso = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

when I call slodes.asp from another machine.

Comment

you're running IIS? What version?

Comment

oh that will be the problem then, I'm only using the homeseer server not IIS - DOH...

Comment

Forgot to mention that I also use a program called bzhider (google to get it) that automagically hides the mouse pointer on the picture frame after a few seconds of non-movement.

Attached are some pics of my original v1 picture frame which is now back in Australia with my parents - version 2 is a ThinkPad (good cos they are thin) 600E which still needs to be stripped down and mounted.
            Attached Files

Comment

and another
              Attached Files

Comment

Bernie,
                The easiest way to press buttons to display different pictures would probably be to create a number of vroots or websites and put a copy of slides.asp in each of them.
                Then when you click the keypad which fires off x10 to homeseer, it would run something like this to kill the current session of IE:
                pskill.exe \\192.168.0.8 -u myuser -p mypw iexplore.exe
                And then this to fire up the new version of IE that points to the appropriate vroot/website that you want:
                psexec.exe \\192.168.0.8 -u myuser -p mypw -i "c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" -k "http://mcmwinnt:82/slides.asp"

Note: I haven't tried the above commands from homeseer yet - only from a cmd prompt on a remote laptop (diff to picture frame).

Hope that makes sense. There are other ways but you'd have to modify the script.

Matt

Comment

Matt,

Thanks for the reply, it makes somewhat sense to me at this point, I would have to play with it a little and I am not setup to do that right now, But definitely something that I want to do.

Can you give an explanation of what you need to do to strip a laptop for this purpose? Is there a way that the screen can be detached and located quite a ways from the main component?

Also do you really need to run IIS or could you run Apache?

Thanks for posting the pics, looking real good!

Bernie

Comment

set fso = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Can be used with the HS web server with a slight modification. Try:

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

-Rupp

If Fedex and UPS were to merge, would they call it FedUP?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp !!

Comment

my laptop has the screen and main laptop hardware all in one unit - think of it as removing the plastic from around the lcd then mounting the main part of the laptop on top of it. I guess you could seperate the two components but I am unsure of what distances you can go with the "lcd cables" - since they are not the as a normal monitor cable internally I dont know where you would even get one.

I've attached another pic of my version 1 unit while under construction.

Matt
                        Attached Files

Comment

I just uploaded a newer version of the script that i am now using. You set the max image width and height at the top of the script (max screen size really) and it will scale the image appropriately so both portrait and landscape pics show up correctly. In the previous version only landscape pics worked, but this new version allows you to use portrait type pics too.
                          Enjoy!
                          Matt

Comment

Working...
                          X