Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I configure router for Netmeeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I configure router for Netmeeting?

I would like to try Netmeeting for remote access to my homeseer. I would like to set it up tonight. I have dsl with a linksys router and zone alarm. I was wondering what I needed to do to configure the router and zone alarm and anything else to get Netmeeting going. Thanks.

I only open one port 1503 and point it to the PC I want to netmeeting to.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Do you mean let's say, open port forwarding in the router, type in address 192.168.1.x, and have it go to port 1503? Why did you choose 1503? Is this the port you have to use for netmeeting? Thanks for helping Rupp.

Comment

This port has to be open on your router in order to access it from, say, work for example.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

I tried to set up Netmeeting tonight. I configured my homeseer computer with netmeeting. I configured the router (see attachement). However, when I went to my sister's and configured her computer, it would not connect. Please take a look at my router setup(attached), and let me know if it looks ok. Thanks. I'm sure I'll get it woth your help.
          Attached Files

Comment

I do not use a linksys router but I would have put it on the UPnP Forwarding page just below SNTP and keyed in netmeeting then moved over and out in 1503, then selected TCP then keyed in 1503 and then selected the PC to point to. I do not think it need to be on the "top page" Port Range Forwarding.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

I got it to work with my home network. I haven't tried it outside the network yet. It is fast. BUT... IT KEEPS SIGNING OFF!!! It is very annoying! It only stays connected for around 30 seconds, and then it clicks off. Is there a way to adjust the settings so that it will stay on for as long as I want it to?

Comment

When using netmeeting, I am guessing that I use my wan address to call. Do I have to enter the port mumber when using a router?
                Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
                http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

How would I call using the no-ip forwarding service
                  Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
                  http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

Kirk,

I think you have to log on to no-ip.com to find out your current ip address first, and then type that in to log on. I just wish I could figure out how to keep netmeeting from signing off all the time.

*** My mistake ***

Just type in your no-ip, and you're good to go!!! You just have to configure your router first.

[This message was edited by Beach on Tue, 09 March 2004 at 08:26 PM.]

Comment

I have no idea why it would sign off? I use it on over 25 PCS at home and at work and I have never had that problem. What OS are you running? What other programs are you running?

-Rupp

Comment

Are you running Windows Messenger? If any thing else tries to take over the desktop screen overlay it may kick you off.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

I don't think I am running anything else, but i'll check. I have windows xp on all computers. I even tried VNC, and it cuts off too! VNC is a little slower, but the graphics are better. Netmeeting has poor graphics. I can deal with it though. What could possibly be causing the programs to disconnect constantly?

Comment

Have a look at the Event Viewer and see if anything is being logged when the disconnect happens.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp, I checked it. Nothing. I am so frustrated! It is happening in both VNC and Netmeeting. I attached a page from my router for you tot take a look at. See if I have it set up right. I am also using Zone Alarm, but I don't think that's the prob.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X