Can scripts be edited remotely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can scripts be edited remotely?

I was wondering if there is a script out there that will allow remote editing of scripts. For example, if I am away from my computer, at another location, I would like to be able to modify or even add scripts to my homeseer. Thanks.

Using the Events View in the HS web interface and then select the Scripts text under the action heading.

-Rupp
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

As for adding scripts... You can only edit scripts currently in your 'scripts' folder.

I use an FTP server to make remote changes in my HomeSeer directory.

I use WarFTP. It's free and right here...
      http://support.jgaa.com/index.php?MenuPage=download

Jim

Comment

You can add new scripts also.
        Go to the scripts tab for an event.
        Type the name you want for a new script.
        Click Submit Selection.
        Enter your script in the textarea.
        Click Save Script.

This will create the script file in the scripts directory.

You can also use the Plugin Message Server to edit and create new scripts from a remote client. Message Server actually allows you to edit scripts and web pages both.

Jeff Farmer
        HomeSeer user since March, 2000

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You can add new scripts also.
          Go to the scripts tab for an event.
          Type the name you want for a new script.
          Click Submit Selection.
          Enter your script in the textarea.
          Click Save Script. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know what I was thinking... : )

It is handy to be able to FTP other files however.

Jim

Comment

If you use Christian's MS_Client, it has ability to access the entire Homeseer directory and a built-in text editor to modify any scripts.

Simon

Comment

Working...
            X