Scripting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scripting Question

Bryan wrote this script for me, but I keep getting an error. I believe it may have something to do with the object syntax in line 18 or 19. The error I get is "object doesn't support this property or method". Can someone take a look. It is supposed to copy the last image taken into another directory. Thanks
    Attached Files

Beach,

Try putting a msgbox(LastImageName) after the line
    LastImageName = hs.GetIniSetting("Thumbs", "LastImageName", "", "hspi_Hauppauge_Capture.ini")
    To see what is being returned.

The line f = fso.GetFile(LastImageName)
    needs a full path name like c:/temp/image.jpg.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp,

The message box returned:

c:\Program Files\Homeseer\Capture\Front Door Camera_

So it is getting a full path. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Beach,
        Is that all its returning? If so that's the problem. You need a file name for the script to work.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Rupp

It is returning a picture name. There is a .jpg at the end of the line, I just didn't finish printing it all out. Can it end in .jpg, or does it have to be something else?

Comment

Beach,
            I should have looked closer. The problem is you need the word set in front of
            set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
            set f = fso.GetFile(LastImageName)
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Rupp, it worked! Thanks so much. I really appreciate all the help you have given me. I was wondering what script you use for your cameras on your ultra status page? I like it a lot. I'm trying to set my ultra status page up now, but I'm so confused about how to do it. I tried to set up another section, but it shows up blank. Do you know if there are instructions on how to do it anywhere? Thanks again.

Comment

Beach,

Your welcome.

I do not use Ultra Status. I use an asp page that has been added to over the months and years. The ultra status is a better page because it allows user interaction. I'm just too lazy to switch.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X