[asp] HSRecipe Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[asp] HSRecipe Discussion

I finished porting a asp recipe database package for homeseer. This may not work with win98 if you don't have ms jet 4.0 database engine installed. Anyone who wants to try it can get a copy from my website on the downloads page. I plan on adding some things to this. So comments/suggestions/flames are welcome.

Tom
    Digi-house

Hi Tom,
    Installed smooth as silk. Haven't played with it much yet, but wanted to thank you for sharing. Probably will come in handy for the Holidays.
    David

Comment

Very nice Tom. This will definitely help with the wife supporting my habit! Thanks very much.

Comment

I made a small update to the recipe display page. There is a button on the recipe display page now to add the recipe ingredients to the new shopping list script thats available on my downloads page. Hopefully soon i'll get to add a few more new features.

Tom
        Digi-house

Comment

Well, I'm ready to improve on this package. Are there any feature requests or new ideas for the recipe package.

Tom
          Digi-house

Comment

I tried it and I really like it, Just a couple of suggestions:
            Have the ability of choosing which ingredients to add to the shopping list.
            When you print the recipe, have each ingredient on a new line, for me it is easer to read that way.

Comment

Hi Bruce, I tried your suggestion with the print page. It does look much better. Much easier to read that way. I like your idea to be able to select the ingredients to add to the shopping list. I know people will probably all ready have some of the ingredients for many recipe's. I could have the "add to shopping list" button open a new window with the ingredients listed to select from. That would be the easiest way to add the feature.

Tom
              Digi-house

Comment

There is a new update to the Homeseer recipe package. The print page was changed to show ingredients one to a line. Much better formatting and reading. The add to shoppping list button now opens a new page where you can choose which ingredients are added to the shopping list. There is also a voice command available now. This new script will allows some voice commands while the recipe is displayed in the browser. It allows some commands like. "read me the ingredients" or "read me the directions". It also allows a more interactive type vr. Like "read me the directions one at a time". Then Homeseer prompts you. Tell me when your ready for the next one. After hearing each ingredient or direction, depending on the command you gave. You can then tell homeseer to give the "next" one. After starting the interactive vr. At any time you can give the command "exit" to stop vr and return hs to listening for attention. You can get it on the downloads page. If you changed your database. Be sure not to overwrite it.

Tom
                Digi-house

Comment

Hey Tom:

What wouild you think about adding facility to store and display an image related to the recipe?

-Rob

Comment

That's not a bad idea. I'll give it some thought. Not to sure what would be the best way to add a pic option. I'm always open to suggestions. hehe Especially if they help improve projects that my significant other uses. Many times I don't know what features users want or even if they use certain scripts. When I see an interest I try to keep improving projects.

Tom

Comment

I have added a limited support for pics in the recipe display page. This change will not let guest users add pics for recipe's. But for owners they can add a pic to the recipe/assets folder using the same name as the recipe. The recipe display page will show the pic when displaying the recipe. For instance. A recipe with the name "Prawn Sushi" would have a pic in the assets folder named - Prawn sushi.jpg let me know if any one has any problems with it. The recipe display page and ini file are the only changed files. you can get it on my sites download page.

Tom
                      Digi-house

Comment

Very nice, Tom. This one made the wife smile

Comment

I did run into an error message. When submitting a recipe I get this error.

Script error: Field 'Recipes.Author' cannot be a zero-length string.
                          MM_editCmd.Execute MM_editCmd.ActiveConnection.Close

I have filled in all the fields.

Jim

Comment

I'm hoping this will help me get a touch screen in the Kitchen . I just installed and it looks great. Some good recipes that spice up the kitchen.

Thanks,

BrianD

Comment

Hello Tom , it looks great.

I have one small problem, the rating stars won't show up. I have it all in the right folders..
                              (windows xp)

any suggestions ?

problem 2: at home on my win98se system i keep getting this error:
                              Script error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'objCON.open'objCON.open = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & hs.getapppath & "/html/recipe/db/Recipez.mdb"set objRS = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

i downloaded jet 4.0 and another service pack
                              Still the same.

*** Wished the US changed to 220V :-) ***

[This message was edited by Cherryman on Fri, 12 March 2004 at 02:37 PM.]

Comment

Working...
                              X