No announcement yet.

[asp] HSRecipe Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing image? - you can right click the image in the page and look at the properties to see the path/image name. It may give you an idea whats going on. I'm not sure about win98 far as the database error, you may need the latest mdac drivers from Microsoft. They have fixed a lot of database problems for people.

Jim can you email me. I'm trying to find out whats causing the error you mentioned. I can't reproduce the problem here. Is anyone else seeing this one.

Tom

Comment

Thanx Tom de mdac did the trick !!! unbeleivable, i use microsoft updater, but i keep on instaling other files just to make things work...

the image problem... they are there, but just don't show as well as on xp as on 98
      i noticed that the path uses slashes both ways.. \ and / in the picture url could that be the problem ?

rob

*** Wished the US changed to 220V :-) ***

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
        I did run into an error message. When submitting a recipe I get this error.

Script error: Field 'Recipes.Author' cannot be a zero-length string.
        MM_editCmd.Execute MM_editCmd.ActiveConnection.Close

I have filled in all the fields.
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

I am seeing this as well. I have also filled in all of the fields.

Please help
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I haven't had anyone confirm this yet. It seems the Homeseer beta 1.6.200 breaks form submissions on the asp recipe package. It works as expected with 1.6.168 but loses the Author info on submission with Homeseer 1.6.200. When I reverted back to the older version the submission works again. I'm not really sure what to do about it yet.

Tom
          Digi-house

Comment

Hello Tom,

Just wanna let you know i solved the image problem. It seems the numbers in the program are generated by the ratings given. Well on a dutch (european) computer we use in calculations 1/2 = 0,5 instead of you 1/2 =0.5 so all the filenames of the pictures had to be renamed with a comma instead of a point. Maybe this info will help other european users.

Comment

For those who saw a problem with recipe submissions. The recipe submission forms are working again with the new Homeseer beta.

Tom
              Digi-house

Comment

I am getting the following once I install this and try to get to the page:
                HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
                HomeSeer internal error
                File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/style.asp HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
                HomeSeer internal error
                File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/header.asp
                Script error: Type mismatch: 'customheader'Response.Send Cstr( customheader("Recipe Collection"))Response.Send Cstr( customheader("Recipe Collection"))

I followed the directions and have not changed anything...

Comment

Kirkfrey,
                  Have you downloaded the latest version of the include files from the updater? Also are you running the latest version of HS?
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

didnt know I needed them. works now.

thanks,

Comment

Thanks Tom, the wife is going to love this once I get it working properly.

Ran across a little problem though:

I had installed shopping list some time ago, but never really used.
                      HS recipe peaked my interest for WAF and love the way it ties into shoppinglist now.

I receive the following err however when trying to add ingredients to shopping list

Code:
                       Script error: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\tcshoppinglist\Grocery97.mdb'.

cmd.ActiveConnection = listdb

check = instr(request.form("INGREDIENTS"), vbNewLine)
                      		  Do
                      			   count = count + 1
                      			   item = trim(hs.stringItem((request.form("INGREDIENTS")), count, vbNewLine))
                      			   item = replace(item,",","")
                      			   item = replace(item,"(", "")
                      			   item = replace(item,")","")
                      			   if request.form("" & item & "del" & "") = "on" then
                      					insert = True
                      			   else
                      					insert = False
                      			   end if
                      			   if item <> "Ingredients" and insert = True then
                      					sql = "INSERT INTO RecipeShopList (Recipename,Ingredients) VALUES ('" & request.form("RECIPENAME") & "','" & item &"')"
                      					'Execute the Insert SQL
                      					cmd.CommandText = sql
                      					cmd.Execute
                      			   end if
                      			   check = instr(check, request.form("INGREDIENTS"), vbNewLine)
                      			   check = check + 3
                      			   if check = 3 then exit do
                      		  Loop
                      		  Set cmd = Nothing

ID = request.form("ID")
                      		  Response.Redirect "recipe_display.asp?ID=" & ID
                      	 end if
                      Since I never really used shopping list, maybe it's something I'm not doing with that.

Also, I had to change the line in addshop.asp from \shoppinglist to \tcshoppinglist

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by kirkfrey
                        didn't know I needed them. works now.

thanks,

Yea a lot of users get this same error. It would be nice if the shopping script would automatically select the include since they have that dependency.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I would suggest using the versions from the updater. I made some changes for the updater. There are also a few small bugfixes with the updater versions. If you added items to the databases. Just save the old databases and replace the new ones. this way you get to keep your changes. Feel free to email me if you still have problems. Email is in my profile.

Comment

Tom - Sent email off to you

Comment

Thanks Tom

Comment

error with download

Tom,
                                I tried to download the recipe script from the updater and keep getting a error " file not found, restart updater and try again". I checked the update folder and the zip file is there but it show to be corrupt.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X