No announcement yet.

[asp] HSRecipe Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried it from here and it downloaded and installed ok. If you want you can email me and we'll try and figure out whats happening. email addy is in my profile.

Comment

Tom,
      Tried to update via Updater:
      5/15/2005 11:26:47 AM: Reading actions
      5/15/2005 11:26:47 AM: Will update: TC Recipe
      5/15/2005 11:26:47 AM: Retrieving file: tcrecipe1-0-1.zip
      5/15/2005 11:26:50 AM: Installing updates ...
      5/15/2005 11:26:50 AM: Extracting files from archive...
      5/15/2005 11:26:50 AM: Extraction complete.
      5/15/2005 11:26:50 AM: Error opening install file: File not found
      5/15/2005 11:26:50 AM: Please restart the update again from within HomeSeer
      5/15/2005 11:26:50 AM: Could not install: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\updates\TC Recipe1.0.1, maybe download failed?
      5/15/2005 11:26:50 AM: Updates not complete
      5/15/2005 11:26:50 AM: Updates aborted.

Comment

I checked again. I see the same error. A corrupt zip file downloaded. I'll send a new copy of the zip file for the updater.

Comment

I think the issue with the zip from the updater is fixed. If anyone wants to try again please let me know how it goes.

Comment

Corrupt ZIP file

Tom,

I just used the Updater to install v 1.0.1...No problems...

Jeff

Comment

Shopping List HS2.0

Hi Tom,

Long time no talk. I didn't see an update for Shopping List in the 2.0 updater. Are you planning to update it? I sure hope so as my WAF will crash if it isn't.

Comment

Hi,
                I will be updating it for sure. But it will be a quite a while before I can get to it. I haven't even had a chance to test most of my scripts since 2.0 was released. I'm right in the middle of some major home renovations. It will be several weeks before I am finished. I hope to try my hand at converting some of the scripts to plugins once the homeseer sdk is updated. At the least I will make the needed changes for my stuff to work with 2.0.

Comment

Looking forward to the update

Let me know if I can help test the scanner part. I use one on a regular basis with Shopping list. BTW, Did you ever do anything with interfacing your receipes programs with Master Cook? You mentioned one time that you might take a look at that.
                  Thanks

Comment

Dennis,
                    I'm working on updating the recipe pages for Homeseer 2.0. Now would be a good time for new features as well. Can you send me an example of Mastercook's format. Does it export recipe files? as single files or multiple recipe's? let me know.

Comment

I haven't yet used this feature, but surely planning on it in the future. I would agree that an import from Master Cook or / and Meal Master would be a plus. I already have receipes in this format. Also a place to hold a picture of the finished product would be great !

Comment

If I remember right. I added a limited support for pics in the recipe display page. The change will not let guest users add pics for recipe's. But for owners they can add a pic to the recipe/assets folder using the same name as the recipe. The recipe display page will show the pic when displaying the recipe. For instance. A recipe with the name "Prawn Sushi" would have a pic in the assets folder named - Prawn Sushi.jpg

Can anyone send me a couple examples of the exported recipe files. Master Cook/Meal Master.

Comment

Tom,

So far I have found this page that spells out the file specification for Meal Master:
                          http://www.ffts.com/mmformat.txt

I haven't had a chance to look for MasterCook yet.
                          Also all the Meal Master import files have a .txt extension, so if you do a search for a Meal Master recipe, you should be able to open one up and look at it in a simple tex editor.

Hope this helps,
                          Bernie

Comment

Also forgot to mention in my first post. And keep in mind that I haven't started using this feature but I am very interested in it.

It would be very helpful is the interface can be used with a thouchscreen, where navigation would be done with buttons that are big enough to press with a finger.

Thanks
                            bernie

Comment

Having a Meal Master database that can be accessed from touchscreen would score some definite WAF

*I cannot seem where to find the Recipe database that was originally released? I do not see it on the updater and cannot access Tom's page to download...

Comment

progress report for hs2.0

I finally found some time to work on this. I'm making pretty good progress but a couple weeks should finish it. I added some features that were missing. Some new web pages. Admin pages - A setup page for options, A edit/add category page, A edit recipe page. I added an option to import Master Cook recipes, and Meal Master recipes. I also added some improvements to the database for some extra info that might be usefull in recipes. Servings, Up to 5 different categories, Preperation time and notes for each recipe. These are all optional. Right now I'm working on a couple pages that I hope can be used for a touchscreen. I'll attach some screen shots here. I was hoping someone could look at the touch page screen shots and let me know if these may work. Also will I need to write a new display page for the touchscreen to display the selected recipe? or will the page in the original package work ok? I'm open to suggestions. Have I forgotten anything?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X