Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping List HS2.0

Hi Tom,

Thanks for addressing the master cook import. I think I'll be able to get WAF high enough now to use the system since she won't have to enter stuff already in MC. Look forward to seeing the final product. Sorry, I sold my Audery and have not replaced it so can't offer much assistance with the touchscreen.

Switching to topic.... When you finish HS Recipe will you being turning some attention to the Shopping list? Wife and I have been severly handicapped without being able to use the scanner and the shopping list combo in HS2. Suprising how dependent you can become on things when they are handy! Again, I'll offer any testing help with the Flic scanner if needed.

Thanks

Comment

Promise I'll update the shoplist next. hehe
      It complements this one anyhow, and that will give some time for people to test this new version of recipes when released.

Comment

What ever happened to the Recipes pages?

(I think) since I converted to HS 2.x, I haven't gotten recipe updates. How do I get them?

Comment

Search

Just started looking at this plugin, great work Tom. One simple question, is there a search option that i am missing?
          HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

tcRecipe Search Add-On

This plugin works well, I really do like it, but still desired a search option and it seems as though Tom may be away for a bit so I created asearch page of my own.

For anyone interested in adding one as well I have created a couple add-on asp pages to do so. One of them simply needs to be inclued from one of the existing pages, most likely inc_default.asp. I have also included a modified inc_default.asp showing how I did this.

I have it posted my add-on pages on my site:
            http://misraels.no-ip.biz/mriDownloads/mriDownloads.asp

This is my homeseer site so use guest/guest to access.

Tom, I am not trying to steal any thunder with this, if you are not happy with this add-on, I'd be happy to remove the download from my site. Or, feel free to add it to your package in the updater, no credit for myself required.
            Last edited by misraels; February 24, 2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Just stumbled into this neat plugin/script. Maybe I'm missing the obvious but where does one find the receipt databases that are needed as part of setup? (MealMaster and MasterCook)

Comment

I'm not really an expert on this, but when I installed it, by default it installed an MS Access database that was filled with several hunderd recipes.

The Mealmaster and MasterCook options are to import additional recipes in those formats. Some web sites and magazines support downloading recipes in those formats, or if you have those 3rd party products you can import recipes from them.

So, are you saying that after you installed tcRecipe, there were no recipes at all?

Comment

Thanks for quick reply. Turns out, I had to press the "update database" button to get the database (or so it seemed). Once I did that I had receipts. Also, I did search on MasterCook, etc and I see what those are. I was thinking that perhaps they were the source of the data but I see now that the database is builtin to this package. Apparently, I just hadn't initialized it. Dumb oversight on my part. Hopefully, my next question, if I have one, will be more enlightened. Thanks again.

Comment

We've always liked the Recipe Plugin but did miss a search function. I hope Tom, when he returns, likes it too.
                    One thing, misraels; it looks like when a search string isn't found, the following error occurs:
                    Script error: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

MyASPCodeConn.MoveFirst
                    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

wadenut, good catch, i'm not really a programmer so I miss some of these types of things.

Any way, if you replace the line
                      MyASPCodeConn.MoveFirst
                      with
                      if rec_total > 0 then MyASPCodeConn.MoveFirst
                      that should clear it up, I will correct it in the download soon.

Comment

Yep. That did it. Thanks.
                        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I have updated the script hosted at my site for anyone that would prefer to download this again instead of fixing it yourself.

http://misraels.no-ip.biz/mriDownloads/mriDownloads.asp

The only change in this version is the fix to a bad search string returning an error.

Comment

Missing rating gif still an issue

Originally posted by Tom Caldwell View Post
                            missing image? - you can right click the image in the page and look at the properties to see the path/image name. It may give you an idea whats going on. I'm not sure about win98 far as the database error, you may need the latest mdac drivers from Microsoft. They have fixed a lot of database problems for people.

Jim can you email me. I'm trying to find out whats causing the error you mentioned. I can't reproduce the problem here. Is anyone else seeing this one.

Tom
                            The reason for this is the calculation of the rating.gif number to be used. It is based on on the actual rating. Calculation uses the FormatNumber function, which use the number format from Global setting. The gif files then comes out with 8,0.gif, insted of 8.0,gif. I added :
                            replace(formatnumber(....),",",".") three in three modules to ensure that teh filename gets right. Problem solved, until next release.

Comment

Working...
                            X