Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[asp] Rover (free web interface for handhelds, slow links, old browsers, etc.) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Tinker (HomeSeer Tech):
    Public Const MISC_COMPOSE = &H800 ' compose protocol
    If (dv.misc And MISC_COMPOSE) = MISC_COMPOSE Then
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there a table of other values for dev.misc beyond those in the help file's hs.GetDevice entry? My device details screen shows all the values documented there, but if there are other values I could report, I'd like to include them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Tinker (HomeSeer Tech):
    If you want to know some script commands for getting the scene names (represented above by the SceneText property) just let me know.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the part I think I need, actually. Also I need someone to test this as I don't have any devices nor any easy way to create one to see what it looks like.

Nucleus Home Automation | System Specs
    News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Hunter,

Please feel free to use them. Rename the Dim-00 to Dim-0.gif as you proposed above. You may "touch them up" as you see fit.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

I can't seem to set the font color. Here is the text from Tabletag.html:
        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
        width='100%' border=1 cellspacing=0 bordercolor='#FF00FF' color='#FFFF00'
        </pre>
        Bordercolor works. Color does not.
        I have used this successfully:
        &lt;font color ='#FFFF00'&gt; text here &lt;/font&gt; but it does not work in this instance. In other words, I don't seem to be able to set the text color.

Another problem is in the Bodytag.html file:
        bgcolor='#000000'&gt; &lt;font color='#FFFF00' &lt;/font&gt;
        </pre>
        Note the '&gt;' after bgcolor. If I remove it, the fontcolor doews not work. If I keep it, then it shows as a text character on screen.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

The GetDevice help reference is the place to go, but I see now that when Compose support was added the help file was not updated.

I will take care of that.

Here is the full list.

MISC_PRESET_DIM = 1 ' supports preset dim if set
          MISC_EXT_DIM = 2 ' extended dim command
          MISC_SMART_LINC = 4 ' smart linc switch
          MISC_NO_LOG = 8 ' no logging to event log for this device
          MISC_STATUS_ONLY = &H10 ' device cannot be controlled
          MISC_HIDDEN = &H20 ' device is hidden from views
          MISC_THERM = &H40 ' device is a thermostat. Copied from dev attr
          MISC_INCLUDE_PF = &H80 ' if set, device's state is restored if power fail enabled
          MISC_SHOW_VALUES = &H100 ' set=display value options in win gui and web status
          MISC_AUTO_VC = &H200 ' set=create a voice command for this device
          MISC_VC_CONFIRM = &H400 ' set=confirm voice command
          MISC_COMPOSE = &H800 ' compose protocol

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GenevaDude:
            I can't seem to set the font color. Here is the text from Tabletag.html:
            width='100%' border=1 cellspacing=0 bordercolor='#FF00FF' color='#FFFF00'
            </pre>
            Bordercolor works. Color does not.
            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I know, "color" is not a value you can apply to a table in HTML. Perhaps you should just set the entire page's text color in the body tag? Otherwise, the only way I know to set the color of the text in the table is to set it in every single cell, since tables are a "block level" structure in HTML, so they don't inherent formatting from their context. The best solution to this kind of thing is stylesheets, but Rover is meant to live in a world that doesn't even necessarily have forms (though I'm proud that it still offers more room for customization than does HomeSeer's own built-in web interface).

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>A fairly simple way(I think) to add some Compose support would be to have just 6 scenes(preset dim 0=off 1=on 2=scene a 3=scene b 4=scene c 5=scene d Compose considers on and off a scene also even though it does resond to standard x-10 on/off, just not exactly the same way). If you could have the dimmer bar like you use but instead of percentages, have scene letters(A-D) or scene names. That would be great.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've implemented something like this -- need to poke at it a little bit tonight to see about adding scene name support now that I have the information on how to get the scene names, but mostly it looks like it'll work. But I don't have Compose loaded (and not eager to load it just for this) so I need a tester who has and uses Compose, and whose web interface is visible so I can peek at the Rover pages. Shane, I'd've emailed you but you don't have an email address on here. I'd rather have this tested by one person first before I post it publicly if possible, so get in touch with me, by email or by posting here.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
                Silly HomeSeer, not allowing us to set MIME types
                <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                Sure it does...
                Response.ContentType="mime/type"
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
                or handling .txt files as text/plain.
                <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                Sure you can...
                &lt;a type="text/plain" href="textfile.txt"&gt;TextFile&lt;/a&gt;

Justin

For PocketPC, Palm, and cell phone control:
                http://wapseer.carrotpatch.net/
                Got WAP?

Comment

Still doesn't let me view a text file in the browser.

Comment

And I have to say, Rover looks absolutely gorgeous on my newly-wireless ePods.

Comment

The only significant change: if you have Refresh turned on, v0.5 and earlier would keep repeating your last action every time the page refreshed, and v1.0 and later will not. Please glance at the first post in this thread which has been updated to reflect the current status.

Comment

I just got it installed and it works GREAT with my PocketPC. I was wondering if it's possible to force the icon to a different size? I have all icons resized to 24x24 pixels using Paint Shop Pro but they show too big on the PocketPC. It would be nice if they show as 18x18.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Simon

Comment

The reason Rover has a separate set of icons in its own folder is so you can change them to be any size you like. Rover doesn't specify a size in the HTML so your browser should automatically pick up the actual size of the icon. Thus, to change the size of the icons, you just need to replace them with any icons you like, or resize them in your favorite paint program.

There are two big limitations to this. First, Rover can only have one set of icons, so that means you have to pick a size that works on your PocketPC, and also works in your Opera panel, and also works on your touchscreen. Sometimes what's the right size on one is too big on another. If there's interest, I might allow multiple icon sets via a setting in Options.

Second, when Rover displays your device status, if the device has a DeviceString that includes an icon, that's what'll get displayed. If your devices don't have custom device strings showing an icon in their statuses, it'll use its own icons, which can be a different size than the icons you use in your main HomeSeer pages. But if you've done this:
                          &hs.SetDeviceString "G3","&lt;img src='icons/motion.gif' height=24 width=24 border=0 align=absmiddle&gt; Motion Detected"
                          then Rover is going to display exactly that. Even if you leave the height and width tags out, it's still going to use the same icon as your main HomeSeer system. There's no simple way for it to avoid that (other than not using the custom device strings at all) or translate it to a smaller size. So if you have a lot of customized, really big icons in your device strings, Rover will show them, too. I could provide an option that forces Rover to ignore custom device strings (or just the icons in those strings) and use the default on/off/dim/unknown icons -- and I will if people want me to, but no one's asked for that so far.

Comment

Thank you for your response, much appreciated. All my icons are part of status text so I'll live with it. It's more of a cosmetic issue so it's not a big deal. However, for the wish list Please consider adding the option to strip out the icon from status string.

Thanks again for putting the script available for free.

Simon

Comment

I just installed the Prismiq Media Server on my home theater / network. This is an awesom device. In fact, I'm writing this message using the Prismiq, on my TV in the family room.
                              But the point of this is that Rover works very well on the system, because it's being displayed on the TV, and the screen resolution is not like a Computer.
                              Now I use Rover to control my home from the comfort of my easy chair, on my big screen TV!
                              By the way, Prismiq is open source, and there is a growing community of developers out there.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

I noticed in the release notes that v1.2 supports an events list. Is this version available for download?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X