Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[asp] Rover (free web interface for handhelds, slow links, old browsers, etc.) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rover v2.1 is ready for beta testing

I need someone (like you, Skibum!) who has plug-in devices to give Rover v2.1 a test. Installing the test should be as simple as replacing your rover.asp, and it won't blow anything up, the worst it'll do is just not show useful controls for those plug-in devices. Step right up!
    News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Skibum at your service...

Comment

I'd love to see some implementation of HSTV in Rover.

Comment

Woah boy. That's a project and a half. That's not really adding HSTV to Rover so much as it is rewriting HSTV from the ground up to work in small web browsers, and then adding a link in Rover to that new thing. Afraid you'll have to bug CFGuy to give you a low-impact interface to HSTV, sorry.

Comment

Ya... I kinda figured...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Green
              I am really running out of ideas for further improvements to make in Rover, so if you have any ideas, please let me know. And thanks for your support!
              I quite like this plugin.

However, there doesn't seam to be a "home" link in 2.1 ? Should there be?

I.E. When you first log in, all your rooms are listed down the page, one per line. with links for "Events Log Control Options About" all on one line underneath. Which looks quite nice.

But once you have moved away from that first "home" page, you cannot easily return to it?

This means that all your rooms, appear on the one line from then on :-(

Just a suggestion, but maybe it would be nice to have the line of links changed, so that this..

Events Log Options Control About

becomes this..

Home Events Log Options Control About

Where "Home" returns you back to that very first default page :-)

It's no big deal, just kind of nice to return to that default page when your accessing by wap or the likes ;-)

Otherwise this is a truly excellent and handy little plugin.

Cheers

Comment

I've never found a need for that, but if you want one, it's very easy to make one. Simply edit the file html\rover\snippets\links.html. If you haven't customized it, it probably looks like this (I've had to change less-than signs to { symbols and greater-than signs to } symbols to keep the board from interpreting them):

{a href="/ctrl"}Control{/a} |

Change that to:

{a href="/rover.asp"}Home{/a} | {a href="/ctrl"}Control{/a} |

And there you go, the Home link will automatically appear on every page.
                Last edited by Hunter Green; June 4, 2006, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Simply edit the file html\rover\snippets\links.html.
                  I have tried this before (and tried it again just now). It doesn't seam to matter what I do in the snippets file, they changes don't seam to ever get seen.

I used your exact example this last time (changing the brackets back of course) and still the same.. nothing is changed when I view the pages?

The very reason I posted here about the "home" link, was because I have never managed to make any "snippets" work yet :-(

Comment

Ignore that last post - I think I may of found out why the snippet file hasn't been reading in? Just off to try.

Comment

Let us know, in case anyone else is having the same problem.

Comment

Let us know, in case anyone else is having the same problem.
                        Dude..

I am hiding, my head is hung in shame, I can't stand the embarrasment?

Oh how a typo can break so so much?

Nuff Said eh !

Comment

Fair 'nuff, say no more!

Comment

Fair 'nuff, say no more!
                            I have this working just great now.

Fantastic handy little plugin would be an understatement ;-)

Comment

Ahhh the old censorship knife, its wicked :P

Anyway, its really nice to see you on this again much appreciated and the list above will make it even better.. Nice work.

TrOjAn

Comment

Hunter,
                                I've read through this entire thread and do not see any signs of messages being deleted. Which posts and exchanges were deleted?
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X