Revised XML Based Weather Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a fix?

visit www.TekRecycle.com for all the best in electronics, photo, and other supplies

Comment

What I posted -- IS THE FIX!

I didn't post my entire script, because I have many other custom modifications. Maybe Rick Fox will be folding in my changes though, if he's still using this script.

Apparently, InterceptVector made this change to "optimize his database", since the city and state had to be looked up each time to determine the ID #. Now his server will skip this step, since you provide the ID # directly.

[This message was edited by Ameridan on Saturday, 15 March 2003 at 09:48 AM.]

Comment

I guess I should have read the entire post

thanks for the fix.

visit www.TekRecycle.com for all the best in electronics, photo, and other supplies

Comment

Did Intercept Vector change their sight again?

I finally had a chance to sit down at the server and try and do the changes to get this script working again.
          I have changed the script per Ameridan and entered the city code for Elbridge, NY as VVNOWTA0NDk%3D which no longer produces an error, but when I run the script no values are being written to the devices either. I even tried Syracuse which is a major city by me that even has an airport with no joy.
          Anyone have any ideas for me?
          Thanks in advance.

Dan-O
          Dan-O
          HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Think they are having some problems again. There doesn't appear to be any data returned for the last 2 days.

john

Comment

My fix did work, but right now there is no data to obtain.

Comment

OK, Thanks.
                I wasn't sure if I switched over with your script repairs and 'broke' something by accident.

Dan-O
                Dan-O
                HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

I just logged into their web site and it appears that they are up and running again.

Comment

I switched to XPPro from Win2000AS and weather "broke". Coincidentaly with the change to city ids. Working again now.
                    Thanx

Comment

Looks like I cannot get to this site... anyone else having this problem?

Comment

No problem accessing it just a few minutes ago.

john

Comment

I was just checking out weather scripts. This weatherXML sounds like fun! Does this work worldwide? (like in the Netherlands )

Also... I just went to check it out, but the weather.interceptvector.com site seems down. (404)

Grtz,
                          Dutch

Comment

Dutch,

Weather.interceptvector.com has folded so this script is dead.

There are many weather scripts around. Jeff Farmer (CFGuy) has written another Weather XML (see http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...3&m=7516061705) or my BBC weather script http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...3&m=6296074693
                            should work in the Netherlands.
                            Jon

Comment

Working...
                            X