Thermostat Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Script

I am using Grant's nak_rcs script for my t-stat and have been doing so for some time now with no problems. Last night after re-booting the computer and starting HS the t-stat isn't responding to the script. I am not getting the t-stat data sent back to HS. At startup, when the script runs to get the t-stat info, nothing is coming up either in the log or on the HS display page. I can control the t-stat using HS and by sending a command using an event, but as soon as I try using an event that calls up the script I get no response from the t-stat so the script to say set the setpoint doesn't do anything.
    Anyone else seeing anything like this? Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks for any help with this.

sonypoolplr,
    Did you try the new tstat plugin? If so you nay have forgotten to either reset your tstat script in the device types tab in the HS options. You may also forgot to add the line to initialize your tstat in the startup.txt file.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp
      Tried the always suggested extention cord to another outlet suggestion and it worked perfectly. Now to find out what happened to cause it to stop responding. Thanks for your other suggestions as always.

Comment

Did you install any new Tv's, UPS's, etc. The RCS tstats seem to be really picky about a very clean X10 signal.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Not that I can think of. But I'll give it more thought.

Comment

I think I traced my problem to a new usb sound card I installed so I could have one card for voice and one for music. I was having problems setting it up to run right and it was cutting the songs up. I finally uninstalled it and upplugged it and everything seems OK.

Comment

Working...
            X