Comic.asp questions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comic.asp questions ...

On my comic.asp page the following comics no longer work. Anyone know how to "fix" the url's?

Dilbert: http://www2.uclick.com/feature/04/04/25/dt040425.gif

Peanuts: http://www2.uclick.com/feature/04/04/25/pe040425.gif
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Try this one.

Some of the comics do not do a Sunday one, so there are a few broken images on Sunday.
    Attached Files
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,
      You must of given me the last one because mine is identical to yours (save a few lines). So the 2 I mentioned above must not do Sundays. Thanks for the file. Greg

Comment

The one you have is probably from the updater.

I did make a change to get Peanuts and Dilbert to show up today.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Ah HA. I had renamed my link to newcomic.asp and saved your file as comic.asp. Your asp has a lot more comics. Are a bunch of the comics near the bottom not showing up for you?

Comment

Yeah, the ones near the bottom were not showing up. Found out that several of the comics.com comics changes from a gif to a jpg on Sunday.
            Re download the asp I posted above, I made a change to look for a jpg on Sunday.
            Also comics.com uses a different code each day, so in the comic.asp there is a function to find that code. It finds it once per day and saves it to an ini file.
            Make sure you have an event setup to reset the code in the ini file.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
            Sub Main()
            hs.SaveINISetting "Comics","Code1","Reset","server_info.ini"
            hs.SaveINISetting "Comics","Code2","Reset","server_info.ini"
            hs.SaveINISetting "Comics","Code3","Reset","server_info.ini"
            End Sub
            </pre>

Just put the above code into a script that runs once a day after midnight. It will reset the code. The next time the comic page runs, it will go find the codes from comics.com for that day.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I have sent the changes to the updater.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,
                Should it create this ini file on its own? I do not have a comics.ini file.

Comment

Yes, it will create a server_info.ini file on its own.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks for sharing Jeff, it works great!

Comment

Working...
                    X