Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming Radio Interface [ASP...

John,
    Is Music Match JukeBox the only player for this site?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp,

The extension is .pls and I've wondered this for quite some time now...which programs play it that is. For some strange reason, my copy of Media Center (jRiver) plays it find from work but the same program and version at home gives me an error something like: Error restoring license from file. I can't seem to figure out what the deal is with it. Neither Media Center or Media Player show it as an association to make, however, Media Center accesses it fine through the program itself under web media...just not clicking the link on my web page. It's such a neat thing to have access to since most of the feeds are 128k and sound great. To answer your question though, WinAmp seems to have no problems playing it.

-Tom
    -Tom

Visit Kernhome
    Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Tom, did you register your home copy with JRivers? There is an internet registration process to go through.

Comment

I really wanted to use WMP to play it. Is that possible?

Comment

Tom,
          The feeds I'm getting are only 64K? How are you getting 128K?

Comment

DavidL,

Both are registered but I should probably check with jriver about the error. Maybe my copy at home isn't registered properly somehow. I am on version 10.

Rupp,

I'll look and let you know. I'm pretty sure most of the of the channels in that radio.asp (which are the same on my site) are 128k. Wait, I just went and looked at radiostorm.com and I see what you are saying. Let me double check.

-Tom
            -Tom

Visit Kernhome
            Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

i cant get this to work at all, every button i click it wants me to download the .pls file. how do i just listen to the music?
              FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Any chance someone has figured out how to use this, but have the audio controled on a different machine?

I use BrwoseAmp to do this with my own MP3's, but I realy want to be able to add radio control to my Touchpad interfaces throughout the house.

P.S. My HS server is a different machine from my media/ whole house audio server.

Comment

Sorry some of you are having trouble with the .pls extension. Winamp will play it with no problem. Also Real Player will play it. You just have to go into your system properties and change the file assosiations. A quick way to choose a player is simply name any old file (A text file for example) with the .pls extension. Then right click on the file and choose open with. Then simply choose Winamp, Real Media player ect. Make sure to checkmark the "alawys use this program" check. It will of course fail to play the text file when you click ok, but the association will be there whenever you click on the button on the web. Hope this helps.

IN ADDITION:

I also added a "Radio" button for the Touchpas Interface, Look for the .zip file in this thread
                  Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                  www.JohnWPB.com
                  Created with LCARS

Comment

Working...
                  X