Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunrise and sunset are incorrect

Greetings to all,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this .

I notice that the last post from CF Guy in the weather XML forum was

posted Tue, 30 March 2004 09:49 PM

Is he still around?

I love the the script.. I can't seem to be able to get the sunset, sunrise times in the top headerto be correct.

Living in California these times are highly unlikly.. it is currently about 11:30 AM

Sunrise: 2:10 AM
    Sunset: 5:13 PM

Date and Time is correct

-------------------------

thanks,

tim

TB,
    Sunrise/SunSet times are based on your lat/long coordinates that are set by using View > Options > Sunrise/Sunset tab. You need to select a city near your location.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Your Good Rupp

I forgot when I had to set everything up again
      those parameters were not corrected..

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

And for anybody who has the location set correctly, the third parameter is your PC's timezone setting. Windows defaults to the left coast timezone, which is fine for Tim, but for those of us on the right coast, in between, or in another part of the world altogether, this has to be set for it to calculate things properly.

The algorithm used should be VERY accurate. At its worst I think it can be as much as 10 minutes off, but that is at the north and south poles.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tink:
          At its worst I think it can be as much as 10 minutes off, but that is at the north and south poles. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And at the poles, the sun only rises and sets once a year. So it won't be wrong very often.

Comment

Working...
          X