Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have converted the MSNBC weather page to use the WeatherXML XML data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have converted the MSNBC weather page to use the WeatherXML XML data.

I have converted the MSNBC weather page to use the WeatherXML XML data and kept the same format. It still needs a ton of configuration work but I was throwing it out to see if there is any interest before spending time getting the config entries. There are a couple of minor problems with the html page as it stands. It needs access to the XML file located in the data/weatherXML folder and of course an HTML page doesn't have access to any files not located in the HTML directory. If I can get Jeff to move the default location of the XML file or at least make a copy of the XML file in the HTML directory the rest is smooth sailing. I used an XSLT file to translate the XML into an HTML page. The beauty of this approach is 2 fold. First of all this is the way that many HTML pages are going to be created with the proliferation of XML data. Secondly anyone can create their own XSLT file and create a totally different looking HTML file but still be using the same input XML file. Here's a screen shot of what I have so far.
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp,
    I hate to fill up the root html directory. So as a compromise, how about this.

I'll add an option to write the xml file to the weathercom_xml directory (which is under the html directory) also. You would have access to it for your web pages but it wouldn't break anything currently.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

That's perfect Jeff and thanks alot.

Comment

One other point. When the user changes maps the entire page no longer refreshes.

Comment

Awesome Rupp! I was thinking along the same lines and am very glad you got there first. I think there will be a ton of interest in this!

-Rob

Comment

I have made a couple of more updates to the XSLT file. It now will show a forecast for the day when you mouse over the icon for a particular day. I moved the precip off the main view and added this to the forecast mouse overview. When the user changes images the view does not update the entire htm page only the weather image changes. I'm still waiting on the delivery of the XML file to the HTML/weatherXML directory so it will be a few days before releasing this version.
            Attached Files

Comment

I just emailed a new version of weatherXML to the updater. It adds the feature to allow saving the XML file to a directory under the html directory.
              On the weather admin page just enter the name of the directory to put the file in.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks a bunch Jeff. It truly is a pleasure working with someone so cordial. Thanks again. Greg

Comment

Rupp, you are welcome! Glad to help out.

You can grab the file location using the following:
                  <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
                  hs.GetAppPath & "\html\" & hs.GetINISetting ("Settings","xmlweblocation","","weathercom_xml.ini") & "\weathercom.xml"
                  </pre>
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I Have the old MSNBC weather page but I like what was done with the XML update to it. Were can I get this?
                    HS4 Environment
                    Proxmox win11 / HS4
                    Netiom-Xap board
                    Plug-In's
                    rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
                    mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
                    mcsXap V3.0.0.72
                    Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
                    Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Hometech,
                      I was waiting for the new version of WeatherXML to hit the upater and then I was going to post the new version that uses the XML file. I'll try to get it posted tomorrow (Saturday june 19th)

Comment

Thanks Rupp I will look for it!
                        HS4 Environment
                        Proxmox win11 / HS4
                        Netiom-Xap board
                        Plug-In's
                        rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
                        mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
                        mcsXap V3.0.0.72
                        Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
                        Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1