Display Lyrics for currently Playing Song [ASP page] Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Lyrics for currently Playing Song [ASP page] Discussion

ANy comments or issues can be discussed here. Does anyone know of a cover art database that can be accessed dirrectly to extract covers using the artist and song title? That would be a great addition to the page.
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Just downloaded EvilLyrics and loaded the plugin for WMP9. Whe I try to view the song.asp page I got the following error:

Script error: File not foundSet oFile=oFSO.GetFile(Server.MapPath("C:\Program Files\EvilLyrics\nowplaying.txt")) dMod=oFile.DateLastModified

I'm using WMP9. If I play a song through MP9 (not Homeseer Media Player)and use the EvilLyrics program the lyrics are displaying correctly within the program. However, they are not working on the .asp page. I assume it has something to do with WMP9. Any suggestions???

Comment

I am not Using MS WMP on my machine unfortunately. I do, but not for MP3's. I am currently using Winamp. But I THINK this can be taken care of in the plugin settings.

WHen the plugin is open, click on the "gear" icon (preferences). Go to the advanced tab and under other settings, checkmark the "Save current song info". This is what actually saves the lyrics of the currently playing song to the location requested by the .asp page.

I should have put that in the instructions, it was an oversight on my part. Give that a try and let me know if that fixes the problem.
      www.JohnWPB.com
      Created with LCARS

Comment

Which version of the plug-in are you using? I don't see an option of "Save current song info" in the other section. I only have "Karaoke pop-up alert". "Start with Winamp", and "Anonymous statistics" as choices.

Thanks..

Comment

Bill,

I think you have to be using the most current development version:

http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/development.php

Comment

That is the version I'm using. I don't see a "Save current song info" option under the advanced other settings - only the ones I listed above.

Comment

VERY COOL!

Now working perfectly with WMP9. Now for the wish list..
              Is there a way to get it to work with the Homeseer Media Player Plug-in??

Comment

Bill, Ok you said "Nopw working perfectly with WM9". What did you do to fix it so others that are possibly having the same problem can see what you did.

As for the WMP Plugin, that would be really kewl. BUT the plugin directly calls WMP9 and thus it never actually opened. I am not sure of the communications line to WM9 from the plugin, but it may be possible to add a procedure to have the plugin commands that would trigger the lyrics plugin. Hope that makes sence!
                www.JohnWPB.com
                Created with LCARS

Comment

I must have had a corrupt file somewhere. I just reloaded the latest EvilLyrics build (130), reloaded WMP, and rebooted. Then,
                  within the Preferences tab of EvilLyrics advanced tab, under Lyrics posting select "Save Automatically" and under "To File" type: "C:\Program Files\EvilLyrics\nowplaying.txt". So now, all is well.

Thanks again for the help. And yes, it would be very cool if it worked with the Homeseer plugin. There would have to be a way to pass artist and song name to EvilLyrics.

Another neat eature with this is the ability to create a karaoke file for different songs. I can see where it might really be fun at parties; especially if someone could pass it to a BetaBrite.

Comment

Working...
                  X