Reminders Discussion

Comments,
    Feature Requests,
    Bug Reports.

Jeff Farmer

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

I tried to set this up the other night and did not understand what the Menu Item Editor was and how to use it. Can someone explain what this is? Thanks for any help.

Comment

I'm in the middle of setting this up myself.
      try http://localhost:81/reports/menu_setup.asp. If you don't get this page or don't see the 'Menu Items link on this page then you will need to set up the SecureLinks. Once you have SecureLinks completely installed then you should be on your way again.

Danny Norris

Comment

Jeff,
        I am getting this error when I click on the 'Reminder' and 'Upcoming' links.
        I'm pretty sure I set my Access Driver setup like I'm supposed to. I'll double check. I can edit the reminders in 'Edit Reminder' and ask by voice what my reminders are for whatever day. That seems to work ok.
        Looks like you put in a tremendous amount of work into this. I can already tell that this will be something that I will use alot.
        Thanks for the effort you put into this.
        Danny Norris

Error to follow:
        Attached Files

Comment

Jeff, Great script. One question though. I am looking at the Calendar and it allows me to select a different month and year and to Go To it. But when I push Go To, it comes back to the current month. Also, how do you get HS to speak the reminders for the day at a certain time? Thanks for any help.

Comment

danieln,
            From the error it looks like the number of days ahead has not been selected. Go to Reminder setup (calendar/setup_cal.asp) and make sure there is a number in the option 'Upcoming Max Days Forward'. This setting tells the page how many days worth of reminders to show initially.

bobby,
            The calendar is designed so that it remembers what month you last viewed. It will also remember the last month viewed for each person that logs in and uses it. To do this it puts the date in the users table in the reminders database. Make sure that you have gone to /reports/user_login.asp and login. That allows the pages to keep you seperate from any one else using a different login.
            You can setup the user logins on the page (/reports/user_edit.asp) User Add.
            If the data is not in the table the calendar defaults to the current month.

TO have the reminders speak at a certain time set up a HS event using the script - remindervoice.txt .

hs.RunEx "remindervoice.txt","SpeakToday",""

Put any conditions that you want on the event and whatever trigger you want. I have a trigger of 6:55 am Mon-Fri.

Jeff Farmer

--
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff, I will give these a try.

Comment

Jeff, that took care of it.
                After looking some more at the reminders program, I really like it!

Thanks for you help.
                Danny Norris

Comment

Jeff, I set up an event using remindervoice.txt. I get an "Type mismatch cdate in line 98" error in the log. Can you help me out? Thanks.

Comment

Bobby,
                    The script needs parameters added to run it.
                    On the scripts tab add it this way:

remindervoice.txt("SpeakToday","")

Jeff Farmer

--
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks Jeff, I think that did it.

Comment

OK....trying to set this up but when I went into Menu_editor.asp, it looks as though I am only changing items that already exist. I cannot find a link for Add Menu Item....only the EDIT button for the Add Menu Item function. Where did I miss a turn?

Comment

One of the existings links should have been Add Menu Item.
                          If not, then add this
                          <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">?PageSection=AddNew</pre>
                          to the end of the menu list url.

Jeff Farmer

--
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks loads....that did it. Now if I can just figure out the securelinks settings and set up the users and blah blah...hehehe....thanx again.

Comment

In the events tab if I insert ("Speak Today","") I get an error in the log that says error in line 0 of the script. If I remove the parameters, it will give the reminders for the date it is running. I intend to modify the script to give the reminders for the next day at or near bedtime the night before. If I have missed a way to do this already in the script.....please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X