Stock Quote Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Quote Script

Any stock quote script that will display the stock price via virtual device? if so, can u share?

Thanks,
    hlkc

Here's one that writes to a text file and could easily be changed to write to a device instead.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...864#4876052864
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

rupp,

Thanks for the help. Do you mean instead of writing to the text file just change it to virtual device (house/unit) code for each stock quote? What about the "$"?

Thanks,
      hlkc

Comment

Stock Prices

I know that this a reoccuring question, but anyone have a good script to get stock prices, or at least a reliable source where I could take them from? Yes, I do know that Rick posted a Stock Quote script a few years ago, and it still works fine, but its slow. I don't speak the quotes, rather I send them to my LED sign. I modifed Rick's script, but the problem is that the site he uses only returns one stock at a time, so for ten stocks it must make ten Internet lookups. It takes about a second per stock. I was hoping to get a list of stocks with one call. Any suggestions?

Comment

What's one second when the stock is delayed by ~20 minutes?! (Sorry.. couldn't resist).
          On a more constructive note, someone one the board recommended NetStock at http://www.splitcycle.com It allows you to export multiple stock quotes to a text file where I'm sure you could grab it into virtual devices (although I have not done this). Hope this works for you.

Comment

The Link is bad

Rupp,

The link is bad for the stock quote sript, do you have a new url for it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by krasnerw
              Rupp,

The link is bad for the stock quote sript, do you have a new url for it. Thanks
              No new url. Unfortunately that link was on the old bulletin board and I do not use the script. Hopefully someone that has it will chime in and post it to the scripts library.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Have you tried the one I posted in the script library titled "Speedy Stock Quotes?" Its been working great for me, but have never tried it under HS2.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Here is a script I use with HS 1.7. Don't know if it will work with HS 2.0. It will display stock quotes in virtual devices. It is set up for up to 10 stocks now. It can be modified for more if needed. Any instructions are in the script. It is also in the downloads at my HS site. It will also change color with gain, loss, or no change and scroll across the web interface device string.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X