Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script Error, File: restore_state.txt?

Hi, all,

I'm running 1.5 on my old Pentium, works well except for the restore_state script. Here's a sample error from the log:

4/28/04 12:31:29 PM~!~Info~!~ Script Error, File: restore_state.txt: 429:ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject' in line 7

And here's the line it's having trouble with:

Set Folder = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

This problem started after a reinstall of the OS to accomodate a new hard drive...it worked well before. My OS is Windows 95, albeit the somewhat rare, last OEM version, which shares many features in common with 98 (FAT 32 and USB support, etc.)...if that makes any difference. Like I say, the script worked well before the reinstall, using the same OS.

I know there's a simple solution to this. Anyone know what it is? Many thanks.

PhilCam
    What version of IE are you running? If you upgrade to IE 5.5 I think you'll get the latest scripting engine which should fix this problem.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, the MS Script control is not installed or registered. Reinstalling HS should resolve this or doing the IE 6 install/upgrade should as well.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Guys,
        If I'm not mistaken IE5.5 is the highest version that will run on Windows95.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X