Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion for GamePort+ Plugin Version 2.7.0......New!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ldragon99
    replied
    Hey Dan.

I got your new app running again but I am having a problem. When I start the app my home seer gets filled with the following:

send X10 from ext interface [1 Off dim: 0 extra: 0

i get this for each of my devices and it is continuous. If I turn off the app it stops.

any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• electron
    replied
    if you use a real gameport, and not those usb->gameport converters, then you do have to add a joystick with 4 buttons in your control panel. Your first physical gameport will be 0, not 1.

Second, 200-500 is high, I use 50 on my ports, and I have 9 gameports (eventho not all are enabled), I can't even see a different in my process list.

The option to minimize to tray is on the list, it's a high priority actually, I just wanted to see if the software works before starting to play with cosmetics. Thanks for testing! I will post an update soon.

---
    Do you cocoon?
    http://www.CocoonTech.com

Leave a comment:

• BrettS
    replied
    Hi Dan. Hopefully this is the right place to post comments and questions about the gameport plugin. I *finally* got around to wiring a few switches and getting the gameport plugin set up.

First, the plugin started, but it didn't register any button presses. I decided to open the 'gaming options' in the control panel to see if that saw anything. I added a 2 axis 4 button controller and went into the properties for it and sure enough everything worked. I left the controller setup and restarted the gameport plugin and this time it saw two gameport interfaces (I only have one gameport and before I added the controller the gameport plugin only saw one). This time, however, in the gameport plugin gameport 0 would see my button presses and gameport 1 saw nothing. Is this the way it should work? Am I supposed to add a controller to the gaming options in the control panel?

Second, is there a big CPU hit or other side effect to using a low polling interval? I'm thinking maybe 200-500ms for some of my ports.

Last, it would be nice if there was an option to minimize the application to the system tray. I'd really rather not have it on my task bar all the time.

Thanks,
    Brett

Leave a comment:

• ldragon99
    replied
    I hate it when I post twice. Oh well I will just edit this one to say nothing I guess.467714

Leave a comment:

• ldragon99
    replied
    I still cannot get the app to work. Did you come accross anything?

Leave a comment:

• ldragon99
    replied
    I just finished changing motherboards and processors.

Leave a comment:

• electron
    replied
    All references to that exact error message point to some sort of database/sql problem, which the program doesn't use, I will have to do some more research this weekend when I have some time. You said this worked for you before? What changed?

---
    Do you cocoon?

Leave a comment:

• ldragon99
    replied
    Yes I have Homeseer installed.

Leave a comment:

• electron
    replied
    do you have homeseer installed? sounds like a COM error

---
    Do you cocoon?

Leave a comment:

• ldragon99
    replied
    Hey Dan,

I installed anew motherboard and processor and now I am having problems with the new app.

I get the following errorand the app will not start:

Runtime error2147467259 80004005)
    Automation Error
    unspecified error

any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• electron
    replied
    Did you check/enable "Update on status change only" ? If you enable that, it will only report when there is an actual change, if it's not enabled, it will flood your Homeseer with a lot of data. For now you have to use Homeseer to announce events, but this will be changing very soon (or you can record the TTS to a wav file and have it play the wav file using the command box).

---
    Do you cocoon?

Leave a comment:

• ldragon99
    replied
    What do you want a csreen shot of? The app seems to be updating my HS devices ok if that is what you are asking.

I guess I should still uses events from hs for announcing when doors and windows have been opened then.

So far so good. I think that my motherboard is doing funny things with my gameports. I get my log filled with actions from the gameport. It shows never ending open and close commands recieved from an external interface. I had this happening before witht he old gameport plugin as well.

If I go to the gameport setup in my settings, it seems that the status of the joystick for port two jumps between connected and not connected. Bad port I think.

Leave a comment:

• electron
    replied
    I guess I should have worded this better, the command entry boxes allows you to execute an actual application (such as Girder or hsc.exe if you want to control homeseer), so it can run without Homeseer in case you are running it on a different machine. I do have on my to do list to allow one to pick which HS command to execute instead of just an ON / OFF, I guess you beat me to it

The program should pick up all your interfaces, no matter how many you have, I tested this and had no problems. If you could show me a screenshot or send me the ini file (PM it to me on cocoontech if you want to) and I will take a look at it. Thanks for helping me test this.

---
    Do you cocoon?

Leave a comment:

• ldragon99
    replied
    Dan you did a great job on this.

I started to install the new version. I disabled my old gameport plugin.

I am wondering when the new application asks for the command to be executed when the device turns off, can I put a homeseer command there like hs.speak. or do I have to creat an event in homeseer for this?

Also in the hs versio of this script I could not do anything with the last 4 devices of the ganeport, I was only using numbers 1-4 of each gameport. With the new app can I use all eight?

sory for the load of questions but...well you know how it is.

Leave a comment:

• electron
    replied
    you have to disable the current gameport plugin, then just run this exe, it isn't a HS plugin. Everything else should make sense.

---
    Do you cocoon?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X