This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Paul

Very nice weather script I was wondering if you were able to get it to work with Ultrastatus.I post a question about your script on on homeseer board
    http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=5862956205. but did not get answer regarding your script exactly I was wondering if you would help

Comment

I'm not familiar with Ultrastatus. Hopefully there's other users out there that are, who can tell you how to use existing scripts with it.

If you get it sorted out please slap a link in this thread to show other's how its done. Sorry that's probably not the answer you were hoping for but I don't have a lot of spare time these days. I can certainly answer questions specific to the Canada Weather script that might arise from your investigation.

Cheers,
      Paul

Comment

Changes in 1.8:
        - Added fire once email for weather warning. Users can add their own one-time events here also.
        - Added frost warning detection.
        - Fixed humidex handling.
        - Tidied up file header.

Cheers,
        Paul

Comment

It seems the graphical forecast is not working anymore. I have this DISPLAY_GRAPHIC_FORECAST set to TRUE and it used to work for a long time. I upgraded to your latest 1.8 and I believe it was working fine for a while until now.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

My location is: Burlington, WWB

Simon

Comment

Simon,

I just tried the following settings for your location:

Const LOCATION = "Burlington"
            Const LOCATION_CODE = "WWB"
            Const FORECAST_START_STRING_TAG = "Halton-Peel:"

It came up fine here. Does your log say anything? Do you have a device setup in Homeseer for the graphical forecast (default is w9)? Is everything else OK and just the graphical forecast is broken?

One thing I did see is the "Smog advisory". Cool! I'll have to add support for advisories as well as the current warnings. Should be an easy update.

Cheers,
            Paul

Comment

Paul,

Thanks for your response. If I disable debug information, I get nothing from Homeseer log. I enabled debug and I've attached the dubug dump file (one with HANDLER_ENABLED=TRUE, and other with set to FALSE). I'm not sure what to look for though.

I also found out both graphical and text display don't work. For graphical display, all I get is "Burlington 5 Day Forecast". For text display, I get "unknown".

Everything else seems to be updating no problem.

I have created the virtual devices from w1 to w17 and w9 is for graphical display and w10 is for text display.

Just wondering, I can name the device whatever I want, right? Right now, w9 is named "Graphical Burlington Forecast" and w19 is named "Burlington Forecast".

Thanks again for your assistance.

Simon
              Attached Files

Comment

So, if you are using w9 and w10 and you didn't change lines 408 and 409 in version 1.8 you are fine (the names don't matter). Check the header at the top of the file to verify which revision you have.

What FORECAST_START_STRING_TAG are you using? It works for me with:

Const FORECAST_START_STRING_TAG = "Halton-Peel:"

Again, all I did was change the 3 lines in my last post and it displayed the forecast and graphical forecast fine.

I just noticed that the funky way of disbling devices isn't working. I never did like that code. Does anyone now of a "nice" way to disbale/enable specific devices from appearing on the web page?

Cheers,
                Paul

Comment

Paul,

Good call for checking out the FORECAST_START_STRING_TAG, I didn't have an "-" between "Halton-Peel:" No wonder both text and graphical devices wouldn't work.

Thanks again for all your help.

Simon

Comment

Excellent, that accounts for 90% of the problems with this script. The zeroes in the debug output for the warning positions were the giveaway.

I've attached a version that'll be 1.9 when I get around to fixing the forecast enabling/disabling problem. It gives you advisory handling to go along with the warnings.

Cheer,
                    Paul
                    Attached Files

Comment

I upgraded to 1.5.84 Beta, and the CDN weather script stop running. I got the latest weather script Version 1.9. I still get the same error message in the log file, and nothing executes.

The error message i get is as follows:

Script error in file:Canada_weather.txt error Cannot call this method while script is executing.

The script dies at that point and nothing happens.

No other problems with any other scripts.

Thanks in advance

Jeff T.

Comment

Jeff,

Set WEATHER_DEBUG to TRUE in the config section and post with a log capture attached.

I'm using Build 24 I believe. Anyone else having issues with this Beta?

I try to stay behind the "bleeding edge" of homeseer betas to avoid the issues that occasionally crop up. Lets see what the debug log says.

Do any of your other scripts use speech or getUrl?

Cheers,
                        Paul

Comment

I did, and there was no change in the log file.

Comment

Do any of your other scripts use speech or getUrl?

Comment

Based on your comments I upgraded to beta 84. All scripts gave me the error message, not just mine. I did a search on the web board and saw lots of people with the same issue. Ended up uninstalling and re-installing beta84 from scratch.

Bottom line is the Canadian Weather script works fine with a properly installed version of beta84.

Paul

Comment

Paul,

Thanks for your fast response. I will try reinstalling, and go from there.

Bye the way a great script.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X