XM online service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    I was thinking about doing that. I've never done such things before. can someone provide a basic example of a line i'd want to put in the shutdown file?
    This may not be optimal, but it does give you the idea.
    Code:
    	if hs.DeviceStringByName( "XM Play" ) = "Play" then
    		hs.TriggerEvent "XM Stop"
    	end if

if hs.DeviceStringByName( "XM Login" ) = "Online" then
    		hs.TriggerEvent "XM XaMp Logout"
    	end if

' could do a process check to see if it is running first ..
    	hs.TriggerEvent "XM Shutdown XaMp"
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

is it possible to take something like this and use it for sirius radio?

I was trying to keep it to this post
      http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=120904

but think you need specific hardware???

/hijack
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Yipee, Back up!

I was using the desktop version, but since xm/sirus merged the stream broke and I couldnt change channels.

Switched to the server version and with a few tweaks to the XML file (outlined in this thread) I'm back up.

Great!

Comment

Album Covert Art

Also made the switch to Studio version but I can't get the Homeseer device to display the album cover art. Where are the files stored?

I've got the following path in the info update event. Is this correct?

' Location of your COVER ART jpegs (.jpg extension)

' Files must be in Artist - Album.jpg format (ie. Joe Singer - Album Name.jpg)

CoverArtPath = "\images\xmradio\coverart\"

I've also tried:
          C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\images\xmradio\Coverart

Comment

whoops, sorry

I guess I forgot to re-visit the thread after the last time I got an email so I apologize to those who have asked me questions and received no answer.

Originally posted by glessor
            Also made the switch to Studio version but I can't get the Homeseer device to display the album cover art. Where are the files stored?
            Glessor,
            I don't currently have the functionality in place to download art files. What it does is look in whatever folder of artwork you already have. There's an application called the Album Cover Art Downloader that gets pretty decent reviews. You just point it at your music folder and it attempts to find covers for you.

I keep meaning to revisit this and create a plugin instead of these scripts but somehow life and work keep getting in the way. Sorry!

For those of you who are looking for a way to switch the audio output, I think I finally have some good news. I was digging around in the MSDN library trying to figure out how to do the registry key changes to make this work (MS does NOT want people to do this for some reason) and I wandered out somehow to this Quick Sound Switch app, which is a neat little app that runs in the tray and allows you to quickly switch back and forth with a mouse click.

The best part about it is it does shortcuts (just references back to itself with a command line switch to change audio) which means that.... drumroll... you can script which sound card your output goes to.

In my testing, it appears that most apps only check the registry at startup and then they play onto the selected device so you could, in theory, follow this order in your scripts.
            1. Start other applications requiring audio card A
            2. Run script to switch to audio card B
            3. Start xamp for whole-house audio
            4. Run script to switch back to audio card A
            5. Profit??

Your mileage may vary, of course. Hope this helps someone!
            Last edited by sacarino; January 7, 2009, 10:59 PM. Reason: links schminks

Comment

Are people still using Xamp Studio? Obviously, it's been abandoned by the author... It works about 10% of the time for me now. It does everything but actually play. I can log in / log out, change channels via events, but it just doesn't play anymore.

I'd love to find a replacement program, but all the XM players I find are more concerned with skins and tune notifications, etc. I don't care what it looks like, as I'll never see it when it's working right. I just want to be able to control it from events and/or scripting.

Comment

It is still working for me, but drops the stream frequently. When I hit play again then it starts up.

I don't know of any alternatives either - but when my current sub is up I will not purchase the online version in addition to the radio sub.

Comment

studio version still works for me, I'm using vista.
                  Plugins:
                  BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Who woulda thought? I replaced my router with a decent router, and now XAmp is working perfectly.

Comment

Does this script still work?

Comment

From what I understand, XM changed the way their online service works, and it broke a lot of third party applications, including XAmp. This software has been abandoned, and XM doesn't care that they whacked out everyone else... Who knows, it may have been intentional.

Anyway, I just now did some searching and came across this:
                        http://www.sb-software.com/xmplayer/

It's $30, though. I'll try it out for a while.

If anyone else knows of an alternative, do share!

Comment

does it support script control?

ian
                          Plugins:
                          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
                          X