No announcement yet.

Check if date is a holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scripts are still working fine here but any updates couldn't hurt.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      The scripts are still working fine here but any updates couldn't hurt.
      i totally agree.. my HS has been down for 3 months... trying to get that one machine to do it all... (WHS, HS, CCTV, Media share...) now that i am there..
      im going to get EVERYTHING working again.. and in time for XMAS!!!! wanted to automate halloween but not going to happen this year!!!!
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
        I am interested! I could not seem to get the old scripts to work for me (propbably operator error...) If you have new scripts I would love to try them.

I need a way to determine if it is a holiday and then change how HS starts our day. Monday holidays where we can sleep in are regularly interrupted by regular Monday wakeup announcements! That pretty much kills WAF.....
        Have a look at post #23. I put together a script that interacts with IsHoliday. It is set to speak holidays, but can be easily changed to create a virtual event if a day is a holiday ect.

Just have it run the event after midnight, and if today= a holiday, set a virtual device based on that. Have you alarm check that virtual device before it sets WAF=0
        Visit My Home Seer Site at:
        www.JohnWPB.com
        Created with LCARS

Comment

Virtual Device setting based on Holidays

Ok, I just put a quick script together. What it will do, is based on the IsHoliday.ini, set a Virtual Device to IsHoliday, IF today is a Holiday AND the holiday matches one in the script. If not, the Virtual Device will be set to NoHoliday (Both changeable in the script)

Based on this Virtual device, you can place a condition on your alarm clock script, wake-up routine ect, based on holidays stored in the IsHoliday.ini file.

There are examples in the script, such as Christmas Day, New Years Day ect, that will set the IsHoliday to true. Dates such as ground hog day, Secretary day and such will not set the virtual device to true (Unless of course you want to specify them).

Instructions are at the top of the script.
          Attached Files
          Visit My Home Seer Site at:
          www.JohnWPB.com
          Created with LCARS

Comment

Has anyone considered converting scripts to VB instead of txt or VBS ?
            -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I thought that I had this running on my old HS machine and now I am trying to install it on my new PC. Is there install instructions that I missed? How did you guy end up running the script on a daily basis to figure out if it was a holiday or not? And what announces the holidays? Also is there another script that people are using seems like I had seen another thread somewhere and things were "ironed out". Thanks

Comment

The instructions are at the top of the script (txt) file.

' Instructions: Save in HomeSeer /scripts directory.
                ' Create a HomeSeer event to run the script just after midnight
                ' Set your House and unit code below for the Holiday Virtual Device
                I'm going to try out John's Holiday script and use it in my Alarm Clock package to treat holidays as weekends.

**EDIT**

I've zipped up my tweaks that may help out (hope John doesn't mind) as I was getting errors when running the script.
                • Some of the instructions were misleading (didn't agree with layout in ZIP)
                • "Includes" folder not needed
                • VBS file should be in scripts folder rather than html
                • Fixed created "status only" Holiday Virtual Device so that there aren't ON and OFF buttons

Regarding your other question, create any event you want when device string of the Holiday Virtual Device changes to "IsHoliday"
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ameridan; June 20, 2012, 07:25 PM. Reason: tweaked files to get running

Comment

Thanks Dan, I'll take another closer look

Comment

Does This Work On HS3?

Does This Work On HS3?
                    I used it on HSPro.

Thanks, Drew

Comment

Originally posted by pfloyd View Post
                      Does This Work On HS3?
                      I used it on HSPro.

Thanks, Drew
                      Hi Drew, I did not realize anyone (other than me) was still using this. Yes, I have it partially updated to work with HS3 but have not packaged it up yet. Which part are you using? The scripting portion, the asp portion or both?

I have it on my to do list to convert it all to vb and also use a database rather than an INI file for the calendar and to allow sync'ing with Google Calendar, but both of those are probably a ways off.

Cheers
                      Al

PS to all those that posted in the thread in the past few years, my apologies for not responding. Somehow I got unsubscribed from the thread.
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I've been wanting to use this too in HS3 don't forfet about our Jewish holidays

Comment

I was just looking for something like this. I'm also on HS3.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I use both scripting and asp. Been using it for a long time.
                            It is very useful.

Comment

I'll work on getting the HS3 version cleaned up and I'm hoping to post it next weekend.

Cheers
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi Al,

I would also like to use this in HS3. I have been using it under HS2 for 10 years or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X