DVD Collection Script Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Caldwell
    Is there an error listed in Homeseer's log when the movie fails to play? I'll see if I can add a option to run an event when the dvd starts.
    Hi Tom;

If your adding options I'd like to be able to list the DVDs by collection ID #.

Comment

Thanks Tom!

I still enjoy having guests over and picking up the phone and saying "Let's watch a movie My Cousin Vinny" and watching their reaction when the intercom system says "I will now begin My Cousin Vinny. Enjoy the movie". The theater lights dim and the movie begins..

You da' man..

Comment

mod update

I added an option in the ini file to display the dvd collection by collection number. There is also an option in the ini file now to enable running an event before the movie starts when triggered from the asp page. The defaults are set to No. To enable the new features just change the ini settings to Yes and be sure to put the event name in the ini setting. You can get it on my downloads page. It seems to be working fine but I haven't tested this a lot so be sure and save a copy of your original files.

Comment

Fantastic, tv turns on to correct input, lights dim, movie starts, stereo switches to correct audio source. popcorn starts popping. Well no popcorn but this is some good stuff.
          Thanks Tom
          John

Comment

DVD Profiler Problem

Greetings!

I have installed the software on my Homeseer PC, checked the dvds.ini file to make sure the paths are right, loaded my entire DVD collection into DVD Profiler, exported the .xml file to the correct directory, but still my DVD Collection on homeseer html page shows no entries. What am I missing?

Thanks!!!!

Greg Abbott
            Champaign, IL

Comment

Hi Greg, Feel free to email me and I'll see if I can get you going. My email is in my profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Caldwell
                I went ahead and updated the beta on my downloads page to support multiple filepaths. Just seperate the paths with comma's in the ini. Let me know how it goes.

Tom
                Digi-house
                I can list the individual paths and they will work. But cannot get them to work with the coma. Is anyone doing this successfully.
                John

Comment

Tom (and the other authors),

I just installed and configured the DVD Collection script. Just wanted to say THANKS for a wonderful job!!

This is truely an awesome product, and it really does compliment the home theatre!!
                  Thanks again!
                  Mike

Comment

johnnybwis,
                    Sorry I missed your post. Your right about the multiple filepaths not working. Hopefully that is fixed and the zip is updated on my website. Let me know if you still have problems with it.

mwaite,
                    I just did some work on the backend. Joe's work on the display and search features,etc is what really makes this package rock. I'm jealous, hehe.

This is one of my favorite packages. I was thinking of adding a couple features, at least for my self. With homeseer 2 being destributed to multiple pc's. I was thinking of adding an option to play the dvd's files on the local machine. If that is even posssible, maybe with javascript. Here we have pc's in each room and the pc's have tv out on the graphics cards. seems we could watch different dvd's in different rooms that way. I was also thinking of adding an option to use .iso files as well as the ifo files. One benefit would be a single file for each dvd. I don't really know if there is a difference in filesize from the iso file or the dvd folder created for ifo files. I asked this in a different thread but never got a reply.

Comment

Tom
                      Are you saying a new file is available for download since last weekend? I did download the files that were there last weekend and had no luck.
                      Disregard, I downloaded again setup the ini file and it is working. Tom, thanks for this great progam/script.
                      Last edited by johnnybwis; May 10, 2005, 12:09 PM.
                      John

Comment

As my Sony DVD changer is starting to fill up, I've started copying movies to my file server. The problem is the amount of storage and $$ required to migrate all movies to file. So this begs the question, is there any possible way to configure this awesome script to support both the use of supporting movies playing from disk AND file? Something like if collection ID# > 300 then play movie from file, else play from DVD disc.
                        Mike

Comment

It's been a while since I added the code to the script for playing movies. If I remember right. You should be able to enable both use file and use ir in the ini file to do what you want. The script would send a ir command and try to launch the file both. If the file doesn't exist at worst the movie should still play from ir and just leave an error message in the hs log about a missing file. let me know how it works out.

Comment

Tom,

The DvdsVRwatch script will attempt to play both methods. It checks for the existence of file before attempting to launch, so no error if it doesn't exist - good news! Problem is the ir play confuses my DVD changer when trying to play from file, since disc >300 doesn't exist (my threshold for determining which mode to play). So my workaround:
                            - added 'if collectnum < 301' in the ir play section
                            - added hs.Triggerevents name to both sections, so the media center properly sets up both DVD play mode and file play mode (switches amp to DVD or PC input, TV to Component or PC input).

So this works great!!

Now I'm starting to tackle updates to the asp pages, but looks like I'll be able to make the same sort of changes.

Thanks for your help!
                            Mike

Comment

DVD Collection and HS 2.0

Hello Tom,

Love the script. Was using it nicely before I upgraded to 2.0 and now I get:

Script error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Server.CreateObject'

Set xmlfile = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
                              xmlfile.async=false

Suggestions anyone?
                              -l

Comment

Location/slot number

Anyway to get this to use the feature from dvd profiler that lets you enter your location and slot numbers for multidisk titles so that when you it watch movie it picks the correct location and slot number? I know the way it is now your collection number has to match your slot number any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X