Maxi Controller Keypad Command and Event Manager discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxi Controller Keypad Command and Event Manager discussion thread

Comments, questions or suggestions on the Maxi Controller keypad script.

I have just updated and posted to the script library the awaited version of my X10 Maxi controller command and event manager script.

This script allows you to enter a combination of unit codes from an X10 16 unit-code Maxi controller and then take action on the resultant code. You can either trigger an HS event, launch an HS script, directly control an HS X10 device by address or name or speak a predefined phrase.

Full documentation is in the script library and install documentation is in the zip archive.

As always, any questions, comments or suggestions for improvements are greatly appreciated.

George

[This message was edited by George Photakis on Sun, 15 June 2003 at 08:51 PM.]

Script has been updated to include the event manager and also to support a maxi.ini init file so that all user setable parameters can be set externally to the script.

V1.11 is in the scripts library here:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=7196084743

Comment

Just curious if the people that requested this functionallity have had a chance to check it out.

13 downloads so far and haven't heard anything. Can't believe that I got it all right the first time out of the box! A couple people were very interested in this and kept asking until I got a chance to finish it.

Feedback if it's working and any addtions/enhancements would be appreciated.

George

Comment

I just downloaded it. I will take a look and test it out and provide feedback

An integrator by desire and tester by experience.

Comment

Neal thanks,

Just curious if anyone was using it. A few people really wanted me to write it and even emailed me asking for it. I wrote it, posted it and nothing...

It seemed to be really important and wanted by a many at the time but, I guess it will just make me reconsider about how quickly I put other things aside in the future to respond to other requests.

Thanks again,
          George

Comment

George,

I just began testing it. Pressing the 234 Any and it speaks 3 times. Is there any reason it speaks 3 times?

Otherwise, I have several uses for it, although it will be a while before I can report on them.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

George,
              Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the great script that you wrote !!!!! I've really been busy, but have got some free time now so I am going to get into it hot and heavy. In your instructions in your e-mail dated May 26, 2003, you mentioned about adding another HS device (next to your already existing one for the accumulator to store the action code (ON/OFF/DIM, etc). You then mentioned you call yours "Variable X10 Trigger". I guess I'm not clear on these statements. Say I have a device called Master Bedroom Lights and it is device code A8. Are you saying to create another device for these lights called variable X10 trigger? What device code would I use (virtual I would assume) and would I need to create one of these trigger devices for each device and event that I wanted to control? If you could clarify this for me, that would be great. Then I think I am ready to try it out. I will keep in contact with you to let you know my progress. Thanks George for all your hard work.
              P.S. The file that I had was from May 26th.

Comment

Rick,

Responded to you in the previous forum. I guess we can move the support conversation here. Sorry it's taken a while for me to get back to this. I've been pretty busy working on the Homeseer - Girder interface.

Just define any 2 virtual devices in Homeseer and place their names in the Maxi.ini file. Thats about all that you need to do with devices.

George

Comment

George,
                  Thanks for the reply. I don't actually have your lattest Maxi-Controller Scripts. Where should I browse to to download it? Also you mentioned to create two new devices. What should they be called and are they virtual devices, etc. Also, what is their function in the script. I guess I might be confused after reading the old script instructions. Seems we are talking about two different versions of the script. Thanks much for all your hard work and efforts on this script !!!!

Comment

Rick,

The new scripts are in the scripts library. There is doc included on what to do. After you download them let me know if you have other questions. Here is a link the thread.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=7196084743

George

Comment

Hi George,
                      Found your script while looking for a way to implement a security keypad in MainLobby that JRFuda suggested. First, trying to understand how your script is designed to work, then see if I can modify it to work with MainLobby.

This is what I did so far after reading your readme:

I took the maxi.zip contents and put them in the scripts directory.

I created two Homeseer devices with Virtual settings:
                      P8 named: "Variable X10 Accumulator"
                      P9 named: "Variable X10 Trigger"

I added an event in P9 to trigger the script:
                      maxi.txt("keypress","")

For now I kept the csv file as you posted it.

I send a 421ON and - nothing....
                      then tried to run the script and sent 421ON and still nothing.

Then, tried to run the script and sent 421ON and then sent a P9On (the trigger?) and still nothing.

I think I am missing something.
                      Any ideas?
                      PS thanx for writing it. I suspect once I get the basics, it will work for MainLobby usage as well.

Comment

George - are you still subscribed to this thread?

Comment

Working...
                        X