View And Manage HomeSeer Devices With "Voice command" Enabled Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View And Manage HomeSeer Devices With "Voice command" Enabled Setting

DO NOT USE THIS! I have updated the code into a HS3 & HS4 Free Plugin (Windows and Linux) That Is MUCH More Stable since ASPX is not supported in HomeSeer.

Use These Links Moving Forward and do not use the ASPX page in this thread:
    Here is code I wrote for you all to use...

When controlling HomeSeer via Voice Commands (Through Amazon Echo Alexa or Google Home) each device has a setting called "Voice Command" that is for some crazy reason enabled by default for every single device that is created. So any device created by you or created by a plug-in, will have this "Voice Command" enabled by default.

This ASPX web page allows you to view only the HomeSeer Devices that are Voice Enabled (via the "Voice Command" setting) and create a list of "approved" voice enabled devices and then remove the Voice Command setting from all other devices.

Just place the ASPX file at the root of your HS3 html directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\)

The file is called: "Manage_Voice_Enabled_Devices.aspx"

Once in the directory just use it by calling your HomeSeer Web Page and add the file name to the end:

http://{HomeSeer IP Address}:{HS Port}/Manage_Voice_Enabled_Devices.aspxClick image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-29_13-07-16.png Views:	1 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	1255978

Download the ASPX file (Attached To Posting):
    • Version 1.0 - (10/29/2018 1:13 PM)
      • Initial Release
    Last edited by jeanv; October 29, 2018, 03:47 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

Thanks a lot for your aspx

Comment

You are very welcome.. I use it alot. It is unfortunate that HomeSeer does not do this automatically.
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
        You are very welcome.. I use it alot. It is unfortunate that HomeSeer does not do this automatically.
        Thank you! I wondered why this is not already a built in sorting filter.

Comment

This might be a question for someplace else but what makes a device an "approved voice" device? I have one of these, QUBINO Flush ZMNHBD3 Z-Wave 2 relays, and it creates a root device, 2 switches and a couple of power devices. One switch adds ok as approved for voice and one switch shows up as un-approved. Ive tried renaming it etc but nothing changes.

Comment

In my app, approved just means that you actually want it voice enabled and that HomeSeer did not just be default enable it when it was created. It is simply a way to tracking legitimate voice controlled HS3 devices vs the ones that get voice enabled when they are created.
            jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Work great, thank you. You just need to remember that if you are using Alexa or Google Home those devices included there won't work anymore if they were disabled.

Comment

Glad it worked well for you. HS3 handling of ASPX pages is not great and it hangs at times requiring a reboot. Also, this functionality should really be part of the core product if they are going to default to making every new device voice enabled.
                jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Hi Jean-Marie, and thanks for what will be a very useful page - when I can make it work! :-)

Unfortunately, I just keep seeing "Error Processing ASP.NET page: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I have some other asp files that work, [jon00 device list and others] but no "aspx" pages. As someone who knows nothing about ASP / ASPX, can you please tell me what step I have missed? I guess it's probably something pretty basic!

Thanks,
                  Andrew

EDIT==== >> Never mind; something basic all right! I just learned how to install ASP.NET on to my HS3 Server (mini PC running Win10.) All good now - Thanks for a useful utility.
                  Last edited by Andrew_C; May 12, 2020, 11:30 AM. Reason: Found out how to fix it!

Comment

ive gotta check this out!!! THX
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Ok - follow up... I've just spent a happy half hour using this utility and it's incredibly useful!

I now have all of my voice activated devices available on Alexa, and removed all that should not be there. That has saved so much time and effort... Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for this feature. HS is aware of this issue because I was having trouble with Alexa (quite some time ago) and I was asked why I had so many devices that made no sense to have voice control. After some checking, we determined that mine were caused primarily by PIs that created voice control for every device. I guess the memo never went out.
                        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                        Home Assistant 2024.3
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

For HS4 4.0.6.0...
                          Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                          Add these two lines to beginning of the ASPX

Code:
                          <%@ Import Namespace="System.Collections.Generic" %>
                          <%@ Import Namespace="System.Linq" %>
                          HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                          Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                          Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                          Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                          Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                          Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                          Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Thanks! Does HS4 Still by default voice activate every new device? still??
                            jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Thanks! Does HS4 Still by default voice activate every new device? still??
                              No. By default Voice is unchecked.
                              HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                              Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                              Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                              Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                              Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                              Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                              Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Working...
                              X