• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmurphy View Post
    sparkman brilliant solution, thank you so much for sharing
    Originally posted by rge View Post
    sparkman excellent work, thanks!
    You're welcome, glad you found it useful.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for this, sparkman ! I've been meaning to write this script for ages. I found the page you found, and started the cleanup.

Luckily I found your script when I was looking for som e of those constants, so it saved me the work!
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        Thanks for this, sparkman ! I've been meaning to write this script for ages. I found the page you found, and started the cleanup.

Luckily I found your script when I was looking for som e of those constants, so it saved me the work!
        You're welcome!

Comment

Hi Al,

This is really great script. Many thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post
            Hi Al,

This is really great script. Many thanks for sharing it.
            You're welcome Jari. Hope all is well.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

I am planning on using it with this device https://www.switch-bot.com for curtains that I have on a pole rode in my living room. I have a baby grand piano fairly close to the south facing window which we have to close the curtains to keep the heat of the sun off. Been thinking for quite some time how to automate but just found this device lately which may be my solution. There's an api apparently available... looking into it now...

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

And now I'm stumbling in, finding this. Nice. Seems to be calculating things right for me here in MD.

What're some thoughts on tying this with live luminance data?

I have some shades in the home office that are battery operated. Hunter Douglas, with bi-directional opening (top/down & bottom/up). I have them on scheduled open/close cycles and that's good for average days. But on overcast days it'd be nice to let in more light. The problem is during winter months, the low angle is bad for opening the bottom (shines in the eyes). But for summer it's the opposite, the sun being high in the sky means letting the top open is a problem.

I want to avoid twitching the shades too often, as it'd be annoying and waste battery life.

Any thoughts on the 'logic tree' to use for this?

I have the UltraRachio plug-in, and that has several weather-related values. Their current cloud cover value is largely unsuitable for shade management. I don't know how they determine it, but what it thinks is 'cloud cover' is nothing like what we have here on-site. Not unexpected though as that's not why they provide the data. They do have some 'weather conditions' fields that could be useful. An integer for various conditions and I could use that in conjunction with a live luminance value from an outdoor sensor.

I'm thinking, is the room occupied, is it daytime, is the outside light below a certain value, and is it forecast for "not sunny".

That would cover me for the baseline, the next branch would be to factor the solar data. Low/high winter/summer, and then use that to trigger a shade scene.

Sound about right? Any gotchas to consider?

Comment

I have a luimnance detector in room with shades....

run script after sunrise and before sunset, every 15 mins.....and luminance is greater than certain value.

Took some adjusting to get it right, but it works a charm
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
                  BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
                  DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

run script after sunrise and before sunset, every 15 mins.....and luminance is greater than certain value.

Just make sure that the detected luminance when the shades are closed does not drop below the threshold trigger otherwise the shades will close-open-close-open every 15 minutes! You could possibly disable the event after triggering and then re-enable it some time later. That's where the adjusting part comes into play!

I put my luminance detector outside the shades so that could not happen. That way it detects the outside luminance, not the luminance in the room. Make sure the outside luminance detector can register a high enough value. Everspring ST-815 can not...it maxes at 3000 lux which a cloudy day can exceed. I'm using Mi (aka Lumi, aka Aqara) Zigbee sensors which register up to 83,000 lux...
                    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

I use luminance sensors with the scripts as well. They only send value updates on a relatively large interval so no issue with the shades opening and closing. I close the shades when it is bright and open them when it is not. I have some exceptions as well when it is cold outside and sunny, but no one is home or in the room then I open them to get the sun to help with the heating.

Comment

I just started seeing this today:
                        5/20/2021 10:52:02

HomeSeer
                        Error
                        Compiling script Astronomical.vb: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.

HomeSeer
                        Error
                        Compiling script Astronomical.vb: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'

I am running HS4 Pro, which I upgraded to last week. Scheduler.dll is present in the root directory. Any help to fix would be appreciated. Thanks.
                        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                          I just started seeing this today:

HomeSeer
                          Error
                          Compiling script Astronomical.vb: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.

HomeSeer
                          Error
                          Compiling script Astronomical.vb: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'

I am running HS4 Pro, which I upgraded to last week. Scheduler.dll is present in the root directory. Any help to fix would be appreciated. Thanks.
                          I expect you are using Task Scheduler to start Homeseer? In the Task/Actions/Edit Action, make sure you place the full path to Homeseer in the Start in field i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4"

If that fails, check that it works when you start Homeseer from the Desktop Icon.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

I expect you are using Task Scheduler to start Homeseer? In the Task/Actions/Edit Action, make sure you place the full path to Homeseer in the Start in field i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4"

If that fails, check that it works when you start Homeseer from the Desktop Icon.
                            Brilliant! You are correct! Thank you, Jon00. Elliott
                            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I am just seeing this solution and it is exactly what I have been looking for. However, I am not very familiar with how to use scripts in events. Can someone help me with this and also, where exactly in the script to I have to enter my coordinates? Sorry for the dumb questions but I would like to use this idea but I have no knowledge of VB.

Comment

A similar project, with setup instructions: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...d-moon-project

Comment

Working...
                                X