Dome Siren Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Sorry David, I was planning to post them after your earlier post, but work has been crazy so forgot about it. If you need a specific one, let me know. I have it on my to do list to create the devices with a script but have not been able to get to that yet.
    No worries, I have it working! Thanks!

Quick question unrelated to the script. I don't see any difference between the Siren and Chime modes. They sound the same to me.
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

This looks like an updated version of the command classes. It is also a nice reference for all of the Dome Devices

https://docs.domeha.com/#configuration-command-class-parameters20

It looks like the chime has more options for the number of times the chime will play.

For example, I want to play a single beep when my Doorbird senses motion. I am going to put the Dome Siren behind the Doorbird and have it beep when it senses motion.

That way if there is a person there, they will naturally look right at the Doorbird when they hear the beep and have their picture taken
      01 Secondary Notification Length 00 (Chime Will Not Play)
      01~FE (1~254 Cycles)
      FF (Does Not Stop)
      )
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Chime Count.png Views:	3 Size:	26.1 KB ID:	1306827
      Attached Files
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post

For example, I want to play a single beep when my Doorbird senses motion. I am going to put the Dome Siren behind the Doorbird and have it beep when it senses motion.

That way if there is a person there, they will naturally look right at the Doorbird when they hear the people and have their picture taken [TABLE="class: tg, width: 0"]
        Great idea. Too bad you couldn't have it say, "Smile."
        Dan-O
        HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post

No worries, I have it working! Thanks!

Quick question unrelated to the script. I don't see any difference between the Siren and Chime modes. They sound the same to me.
          Great. The sounds are the same, but set independently. The main behavior difference is the duration of the sound in each of those modes.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post

Great idea. Too bad you couldn't have it say, "Smile."
            I'm hoping someone figures out how to send audio to the Doorbird. It should be possible since the Doorbird can act as a SIP server
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

As Info
              Here are the DMS01's on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by jdkluck View Post
                Finally was able to find it after plunking around in xterm.

So there is 2 Scripts folders in my HomeSeer directory. One is scripts and the other is Scripts.
                scripts has Shutdown.txt and startup.vb while the Scripts directory has Insteon_ExtDevSupport_Sample.vb.

I assume I need to put the *.vb script in the Scripts folder, correct?
                Then the *.ini file goes into the config folder like you said earlier.

***well I tried to copy it into the Scripts folder but it was denied. However the other scripts folder I was able to copy it over without any issue.

So once I copied the script and the ini file to the correct directories do I just need to re-add the Dome siren using the Z+ tool as a zwave device?

So I assume that I need to create the other parts of the devices like you had in your initial picture of the don't siren? I didn't understand what you meant by manually create the devices based on the manual, but when I saw what my device looked like over I added it and only had 4 device lines (attached picture) I figured that is what you meant.
                Sorry Donnie, I had missed your follow-up post. If Shudown.txt and startup.vb are in scripts, then use that folder instead. You don't need to re-add the siren. Yes, you need to manually create those other devices. Here's a good thread on how to create Virtual Devices: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...d-modification. Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction and if not, please let me know.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Sorry Donny, I had missed your follow-up post. If Shudown.txt and startup.vb are in scripts, then use that folder instead. You don't need to re-add the siren. Yes, you need to manually create those other devices. Here's a good thread on how to create Virtual Devices: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...d-modification. Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction and if not, please let me know.

Cheers
                  Al
                  Thanks for that, I will work on it do appreciate it. I think I have the scripts in the correct location then and the ini file.
                  I will definitely check out the link for how to create virtual devices, it should help a lot. I think I figured it out or at least know the location and where but once I start getting into the advance tab and all the other settings that is where I am getting lost. I will have to look for that Jon script you said you used to bundle them together.

If I have any other questions I will definitely post something here. Fingers crossed I can figure this out.

Much appreciated.

Donnie

Comment

Sorry Donny, I had missed your follow-up post. If Shudown.txt and startup.vb are in scripts, then use that folder instead. You don't need to re-add the siren. Yes, you need to manually create those other devices. Here's a good thread on how to create Virtual Devices: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...d-modification. Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction and if not, please let me know.

Cheers
                    Al
                    Al,
                    So was looking to work on some of the virtual devices, the question I have is I totally understood and it seemed it made sense for the Chime/Siren based on your screenshot you provided in post #1 and then when I referenced the manual on page 14 parameter 7 1 was the siren (primary notifcation) and 2 was the chime (secondary notification).

But when I was looking at say for Siren Duration for 30 secs, 60 secs, 300 secs and Forever. Looking in the manual I was like oh the values I would put in HS would be from page 13 parameter 02 - 30 secs = 01, 60 secs = 02, 300 secs = 03 and Forever = FF. However found out only could use digits so I was not sure what would be the corresponding values then I would need to use for that device.

The other thing is for Siren Sound and Chime Sound I did not get what values they had for the 10 sounds 01~0A and not sure which is which based on your post #1 you had named for each sound.

So I am slowly working and trying to figure things out. Once I get a bit more I will post some screen shot of what I got going and the details.

Donnie

Attached Files

Comment

Al,
                      So was looking to work on some of the virtual devices, the question I have is I totally understood and it seemed it made sense for the Chime/Siren based on your screenshot you provided in post #1 and then when I referenced the manual on page 14 parameter 7 1 was the siren (primary notifcation) and 2 was the chime (secondary notification).

But when I was looking at say for Siren Duration for 30 secs, 60 secs, 300 secs and Forever. Looking in the manual I was like oh the values I would put in HS would be from page 13 parameter 02 - 30 secs = 01, 60 secs = 02, 300 secs = 03 and Forever = FF. However found out only could use digits so I was not sure what would be the corresponding values then I would need to use for that device.

The other thing is for Siren Sound and Chime Sound I did not get what values they had for the 10 sounds 01~0A and not sure which is which based on your post #1 you had named for each sound.

So I am slowly working and trying to figure things out. Once I get a bit more I will post some screen shot of what I got going and the details.

Donnie
                      Hi Donnie, good question and I should have explained that better. The Dome documentation shows values in Hex, so they need to be translated to Decimal which is what HomeSeer uses/displays. FF is equal to 255 and 0A is equal to 10. So in the virtual devices, just use the decimal equivalent.

The sounds shown in my screen shot are in order of 1-10 (1-A). So the top row is 1-4, the second row is 5-8 and the bottom row is 9 and A.

The Graphics in the bottom part of the screen will typically default to 0 and 100. You can modify them to match the values in the section above if you want specific corresponding icons. If you don't care about the icons, you can delete those graphics.

Cheers
                      Al

Comment

Al,
                        Thanks that makes way more sense and I guess since the couple others I followed happen to only have 3 digits like 1, 2 or 3 it was not an issue at all until I got to the ones where it was greater than 9.

Do you know for the graphics icons where people get them from do they create there own, is there a repository where you can go and download some to use instead or they search google and just use whatever they find to download? Right now I just have whatever HS is putting in there. I alos have not had anytime to look for any yet but was curious what people typically do.

Donnie

Comment

Al,
                          Thanks that makes way more sense and I guess since the couple others I followed happen to only have 3 digits like 1, 2 or 3 it was not an issue at all until I got to the ones where it was greater than 9.

Do you know for the graphics icons where people get them from do they create there own, is there a repository where you can go and download some to use instead or they search google and just use whatever they find to download? Right now I just have whatever HS is putting in there. I alos have not had anytime to look for any yet but was curious what people typically do.

Donnie
                          I typically get them from https://flaticons.net/ or just Google for them. There is a repository on the forum, but if you don’t know whether the icons are copyrighted then you should not post them there. A lot of icons you find may have a copyright with them, which is not much of a concern if you use them on your own server, but it can get HS in trouble if they are on their forum.

Comment

Al,
                            Thanks for the link, yeah I figured there would be something about the copyright and what not so did not know if anything would be posted online since HS probably does not want to deal with copyright DCMA takedown requests, etc. So it makes total sense, I will take a look at the website you shared and also just start Googling them.

So this is what I have done so far as you can see in the screenshots. I think I got them done correctly.

The thing is it is the Reference ID that is under the advanced tab that I need to put in the *.INI file correct? So in my case 429 for the Siren Sound and 409 for the Dome Siren, etc?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Do I need to somehow link everything to the Dome Siren?
                              Like for the address do I need to copy what it is for the 3 original items that were created when initially pairing the dome siren to HS and then add the specific code q #?
                              Since I noticed the 3 items all had the address listed as the same then a code of q -66, 67, 68. So was not sure if I needed to do anything since nothing is working. I tried toggling the siren LED, chime or beep, etc but nothing happens. The only item that works is the original siren enable that was created when I paired the dome siren.

So not sure what I missed or if I missed something in the configuration.

Also I think I installed the Jon00 grouping utility, but was wondering how do you even get to it to use it? I guess I do not understand the directions from the download.

Thanks,
                              Donnie

Comment

Nice script! FWIW, anyone who has a Wink Siren and Chime like this one: https://www.wink.com/products/wink-siren-and-chime/ - it is a rebranded Dome. Same tunes, parameters, the works. I used the Dome documentation to figure out the functions and set the parameters in my events. Like the script method you've done better though.

Comment

Working...
                                X