Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdkluck View Post

Al and David,
    FINALLY GOT IT WORKING after contacting HS support. They really did not know much but after trying everything they said and resorting to the last thing which was a factory reset. Everything is working now just like you set it up, kind of funny how things work like they should when your HS3 controller is working properly.
    Thanks for all the help and time with everything. Hopefully from here on out it will be minimal issues and questions I have.

Donnie
    Great to hear that Donnie!
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Al and David,
      FINALLY GOT IT WORKING after contacting HS support. They really did not know much but after trying everything they said and resorting to the last thing which was a factory reset. Everything is working now just like you set it up, kind of funny how things work like they should when your HS3 controller is working properly.
      Thanks for all the help and time with everything. Hopefully from here on out it will be minimal issues and questions I have.

Donnie
      Awesome!
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Al and David,
        Quick question is there any reason why the siren would be going off with any door opens?
        Some reason the siren goes off anyone any door sensor or door opens in the house not just my daughter's room that the script is supposed to tie to.

Donnie

Comment

Can you do a screen shot of your event? What’s in the log when another door opens?

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Can you do a screen shot of your event? What’s in the log when another door opens?
            Here is the screenshot of the event.

Also here is the log when I just opened up the basement door.
            Jun-29 9:48:11 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Wemo started successfully in 372 milliseconds
            Jun-29 9:48:10 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Wemo ...
            Jun-29 9:48:10 PM Starting Plug-In Wemo loaded in 15067 milliseconds
            Jun-29 9:48:07 PM Info Time to process device updates: 0ms
            Jun-29 9:48:03 PM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Siren Notification, Event: No Event
            Jun-29 9:48:03 PM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Enable Set to OFF
            Jun-29 9:48:01 PM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Siren Notification, Event: Siren Active
            Jun-29 9:48:01 PM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Enable Set to 255
            Jun-29 9:48:01 PM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Enable to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Dome Siren Control Volume 1
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Dome Siren Control Volume Param 4
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Dome Siren Control Sound 1
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Dome Siren Control Sound Param 6
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Dome Siren Control LED 0
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Dome Siren Control LED Param 9
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Dome Siren Control Duration 1
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Dome Siren Control Duration Param 3
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/domesiren.vb("Main","42")
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime LED to On (0)
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime Volume to Low (1)
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime Sound to Ding Dong (1)
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime / Siren Toggle to Chime (2)
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Event Event Trigger "Edens Bedroom Door Open"
            Jun-29 9:48:00 PM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Eden's Bedroom Sensative Access Control Notification (Eden's Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Open
            Jun-29 9:47:59 PM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Basement Sensative Access Control Notification (Basement Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Closed
            Jun-29 9:47:56 PM Info Plugin Wemo has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:33880
            Other times no doors are being opened or closed at all but the siren goes off anyway. When I look in log it shows the bedroom door was opened but I know for a fact the door did not open or close. So no idea why it thinks the sensor or the door is opening at all.
            Jun-29 9:23:21 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Wemo ...
            Jun-29 9:23:20 PM Starting Plug-In Wemo loaded in 15022 milliseconds
            Jun-29 9:23:08 PM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Siren Notification, Event: No Event
            Jun-29 9:23:07 PM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Enable Set to OFF
            Jun-29 9:23:07 PM Info Time to process device updates: 0ms
            Jun-29 9:23:07 PM Info Plugin Wemo has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:33668
            Jun-29 9:23:06 PM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Siren Notification, Event: Siren Active
            Jun-29 9:23:06 PM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Enable Set to 255
            Jun-29 9:23:06 PM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Enable to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Jun-29 9:23:05 PM Warning I/O interface Wemo is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Dome Siren Control Volume 1
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Dome Siren Control Volume Param 4
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Dome Siren Control Sound 1
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Dome Siren Control Sound Param 6
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Dome Siren Control LED 0
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Dome Siren Control LED Param 9
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Dome Siren Control Duration 1
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Dome Siren Control Duration Param 3
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/domesiren.vb("Main","42")
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime LED to On (0)
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime Volume to Low (1)
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime Sound to Ding Dong (1)
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime / Siren Toggle to Chime (2)
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Event Event Trigger "Edens Bedroom Door Open"
            Jun-29 9:23:04 PM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Eden's Bedroom Sensative Access Control Notification (Eden's Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Open
            Jun-29 9:22:51 PM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Eden's Bedroom Sensative Access Control Notification (Eden's Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Closed
            Jun-29 9:22:39 PM Info Plugin Wemo with instance: has disconnected
            Jun-29 9:22:34 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin Wemo started successfully in 350 milliseconds
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the screenshot of the event.

Also here is the log when I just opened up the basement door.
              Not sure I can help here. The event looks ok, and the log indicates that the door was opened, so it's doing what it's supposed to do. If a different door causes those z-wave commands to occur, or it occurs when no door is being opened, then there's something wrong on the z-wave side of things. Maybe remove/exclude the sensor and then add/include it again and change your event to match the new device/node id.

Comment

Not sure I can help here. The event looks ok, and the log indicates that the door was opened, so it's doing what it's supposed to do. If a different door causes those z-wave commands to occur, or it occurs when no door is being opened, then there's something wrong on the z-wave side of things. Maybe remove/exclude the sensor and then add/include it again and change your event to match the new device/node id.
                So no idea, but you gave me an idea Al. I changed the events action to a different door sensor (i.e. Basement Door Sensor), and it worked when I opened the basement door. However it did not work or go off when I opened any of the other 4 doors. So not sure if there is something with the z-wave side like you said with the bedroom door or what. But right now early indication is that so far it is only going off when the basement door was opened now.

I think I am going to leave it like this for a day or so and see if it goes off randomly, and if not switch back to the bedroom door and see if it starts acting up and going off with every door being opened.

Jul-02 11:02:01 AM Info Time to process device updates: 0ms
                Jul-02 11:01:55 AM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Basement Sensative Access Control Notification (Basement Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Closed
                Jul-02 11:01:54 AM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Siren Notification, Event: No Event
                Jul-02 11:01:54 AM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Enable Set to OFF
                Jul-02 11:01:53 AM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Siren Notification, Event: Siren Active
                Jul-02 11:01:53 AM Z-Wave Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Enable Set to 255
                Jul-02 11:01:52 AM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Siren Enable to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Dome Siren Control Volume 1
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Dome Siren Control Volume Param 4
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Dome Siren Control Sound 1
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Dome Siren Control Sound Param 6
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Dome Siren Control LED 0
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Dome Siren Control LED Param 9
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Dome Siren Control Duration 1
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Dome Siren Control Duration Param 3
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/domesiren.vb("Main","42")
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime LED to On (0)
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime Volume to Low (1)
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime Sound to Ding Dong (1)
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Device Control Device: Notification Z-Wave Chime / Siren Toggle to Chime (2)
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Event Event Trigger "Edens Bedroom Door Open"
                Jul-02 11:01:51 AM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Basement Sensative Access Control Notification (Basement Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Open
                Jul-02 11:01:23 AM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Great Room Sensative Access Control Notification (Deck Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Closed
                Jul-02 11:01:19 AM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Great Room Sensative Access Control Notification (Deck Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Open
                Jul-02 11:01:11 AM Z-Wave Device: Lock Garage Access Control Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Manual Lock Operation
                Jul-02 11:01:01 AM Info Time to process device updates: 0ms
                Jul-02 11:00:57 AM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Front Entry Sensative Access Control Notification (Front Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Closed
                Jul-02 11:00:53 AM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Front Entry Sensative Access Control Notification (Front Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Open
                Jul-02 11:00:37 AM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Eden's Bedroom Sensative Access Control Notification (Eden's Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Closed
                Jul-02 11:00:29 AM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Eden's Bedroom Sensative Access Control Notification (Eden's Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Open
                Jul-02 11:00:13 AM Z-Wave Device: Sensor (Door) Eden's Bedroom Sensative Access Control Notification (Eden's Door) Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Closed
                Attached Files

Comment

I have a Dome Siren. Using Secondary Notification, Sound=01(Ding Dong), Length=01 cycle.

The unit will sometimes play 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x (random each time) "Ding Dongs". I can't get it to only cycle once.

Anyone have this issue?

Comment

Screen-shots of the Status Graphics tabs of each of the child devices:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	01 Siren-Chime Toggle.PNG
Views:	479
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1329655

Name:	02 Chime Duration.PNG
Views:	462
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1329656

Name:	03 Chime LED.PNG
Views:	474
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1329657

Name:	04 Chime Sound.PNG
Views:	392
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	1329658

Name:	05 Chime Volume.PNG
Views:	434
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1329659

Name:	06 Siren Duration.PNG
Views:	440
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1329660

Name:	07 Siren LED.PNG
Views:	423
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1329661

Name:	08 Siren Sound.PNG
Views:	404
Size:	392.6 KB
ID:	1329662

Name:	09 Siren Volume.PNG
Views:	389
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	1329663

Comment

Thanks sparkman - you are the best!! I can see already this is going to be great for my needs (I have 3 of the Dome's now). Check your PayPal

Comment

Yes, three devices are what the actual device creates and the other ones need to be created manually (although I'm thinking about making a script to create those). Yes, the reference ID is on the Advanced tab, although you can also show them in a column in the Device Management screen. There's an option in setup to turn that on.
                        Did you make a script to create the devices automatically? I decided to finally get this done after a year of "thinking" about implementing the full capabilities of the DOME. Before I go through the manual process of creating the devices and leveraging the instructions/scripts that you have graciously provided I thought I'd ask if there have been any updates.

Comment

Originally posted by SLOWBRA View Post

Did you make a script to create the devices automatically? I decided to finally get this done after a year of "thinking" about implementing the full capabilities of the DOME. Before I go through the manual process of creating the devices and leveraging the instructions/scripts that you have graciously provided I thought I'd ask if there have been any updates.
                          I have not done so and I recently started a new job that has kept me very busy, so I don't expect to get to this soon.

Comment

how do I use homeseer hs4pi to get to a command line?

I used ssh and get to the folde rbut cant copy the vb file there.

homeseer@aaaaaa:/usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts $ cp /tmp/a1/* .
                            cp: cannot create regular file './domesiren.vb': Permission denied

what is wrong.

Comment

i using hs4. i cant find the icons you mentioned. e.g. siren.png in hs4.

Where can I get them all?

Comment

how do i create the 1st virtual device as ROOT?

Comment

Working...
                                X