Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script to copy Status Value and Status Graphics Pairs from one device to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I think I found it:

'Therefore, if you have a Status Graphics pair for which there is no corresponding Status Value pair, it won't get copied
    'Also, if you have a Status Value range, but have split that range into a number of Status Graphics ranges, only the one where the range start matches, will get copied

That also knocks out using this for creating Virtual group dimmers too.

Comment

sparkman Will test this on linux hs4 (this might not work) soon . Thanks for providing this script

Comment

Originally posted by Stubborn View Post
        Oh I think I found it:

'Therefore, if you have a Status Graphics pair for which there is no corresponding Status Value pair, it won't get copied
        'Also, if you have a Status Value range, but have split that range into a number of Status Graphics ranges, only the one where the range start matches, will get copied

That also knocks out using this for creating Virtual group dimmers too.
        The script was really intended to copy one virtual device to another for cases where you had multiple similar ones and wanted to update one to look like another, and not intended to copy devices owned by plugins to a virtual device. Unfortunately there are a limitations in the commands that HS that cause those limitations and I have not found a work around.
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
          sparkman Will test this on linux hs4 (this might not work) soon . Thanks for providing this script
          Thanks Matt, let me know how it goes, but it may take me a while to adjust if it does not work, as I don't plan to run HS4 until the fall.

Comment

Got it, so what I need to do is sit and make one complex dimmer and temp virtual device for template, and I dont have to do it again.
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Stubborn View Post
              Got it, so what I need to do is sit and make one complex dimmer and temp virtual device for template, and I dont have to do it again.
              Thanks!
              If your other devices don't exist yet, you can just copy the whole template device to a new device without needing the script. If your other devices exist already, then you can use the script to copy from the template device to the existing devices.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Working...
              X