Twinkly.vb - Christmas tree lights with predefined and custom animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Sounds like HS4 beta issues. Try the latest which corrected this issue: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HSPI/HS4+Beta+4.2.2.0
    By the time I got round to actioning this advice, update 4.2.5.0 had already been released. This resolved the issue. Thank you for your help.

It probably was for the best as I'm not sure I'd have the balls to install a beta version - I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to deal with potential issues the may pop up.

And thank you Moskus for creating this script.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      I don't want to discourage any progress with this script. I just want to make aware of WLED that has a plethora of animations for lights and is supported in HS by the mcsMQTT plugin.
      WLED does look very powerful but not super user friendly -- even the Anroid app screenshots don't look easy to select animations. The Twinkly app, while has a TON of room for improvment, is still easy for my kids to use and I dont need to flash anything, solder anything, etc.

With HS, mcsMQTT control adds another layer of complexity. If there was an HS UI for it it might be doable. For now, I'll spend the $200 on a plug-n-play set!

Comment

Moskus thank you for the script! Please update the first post with all the information. It was a pain to figure out how to add this.

Many may not know they need to edit the Settings.ini but HS must be shut down. And the DLL must use the full path.

Required to Run:

,<path>;C:\Users\smarthome\Documents\Homeseer\Bin\Newtonsof t .Json.dll

... add the above in the settings.ini, to the end of the line that starts with 'ScriptingReferences='
        ... the comma is required if its not the first item in the references line
        ... you need to figure out the full path for the Homeseer 'Bin' folder, example... C:\Users\smarthome\ProgramFiles\Homeseer\Bin\

Important: must shutdown Homeseer for setting.ini edits to stick. You may need to kill the watchdog process if its running, or it might start up HS again while editing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
          Please update the first post with all the information. It was a pain to figure out how to add this.
          Sorry about this, I will add it. I will also update with the newest version.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Moskus any updates to this ... just put up my tree

Comment

Moskus any updates to this ... just put up my tree
              Ok, I've updated the first post, see if that helps.
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Moskus in HS4 where do you insert the IP Address? There is no Advanced tab anymore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	125
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1581410​​

Comment

Moskus any idea?

Comment

Moskus any idea?
                    Hmm! That's a problem. I'll investigate.

Comment

It's under General:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	128
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1582095

Comment

Installed Twinkly,vb and got the code operational. Very nice. I appreciate the work done to provide the HS integration. One question, the buttons Movie/Effect/Demo, what do they actually apply to as related to the phone app? I have a playlist that will start if I turn the lights on with 10-100% but the buttons are a mystery to me. Not a big problem just wondering. Thanks for sharing the code.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0368[1].jpg
Views:	149
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1582287

Comment

Working...
                        X