XLGraph.vbs dials my ISP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XLGraph.vbs dials my ISP!

Recently I've noticed that my computer was dialling my ISP every half hour and after disabling running programs one by one I found that Homeseer was the culprit. After disabling all the events one by one I found that running the XLGraph.vbs script (to plot my temperatures recorded using Temp05) which I'd set to run every 30 minutes dials my ISP. Anybody else had this problem or can suggest a work-round? For the time being I'm only manually running the script.
    Tony Buchan
    Lincolnshire
    UK

There should be an option on your dialup account to disable automatic connections. Go to the dial up entry and right click on it and select properties. Some where there should be an option to disable auto connect.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp

I've no problem with automatic connection - I use it so that when I open IE or OE it automatically dials my ISP. What I can't understand is why my HS script initiates a dial-up

Tony

Comment

Tony,
        It's probably because the XLGraph object may have some internal dependencies to IE.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp

Found the cause! I remembered that I installed Google desktop a couple of days ago - it's a useful tool to "Google" your own computer as if it were the www. I uninstalled it & the problem disappeared then reinstalled it and it reappeared so there's obviously some interaction between the two. I'm hooked on the desktop search so will have to stick to manually running scripts

Tony

Comment

Working...
          X